JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water ✔️
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories ✔️
    ☑️No coffee until 8am ✔️
    ☑️No food until 10am ✔️
    ☑️Hit at least 5,000 steps ✔️
    ☑️Get my allergy shots ✔️
    ☑️Figure out what to feed the humans in this house (I have no meal plan today) ✔️ We ate leftovers

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Hit at least 5,000 steps
    ☑️Get to Zumba class today

@shann55437 I started mine on Wix since it was free to start. I post recipes I come up with every 2 weeks or so. Then anything that isn’t a recipe or that I don’t have perfected I’ll post on social media. It’s a lot of fun and keeps me accountable. I know if I don’t make a post on the blog every 2 to 3 weeks my family will start calling to ask if I’m ok or sticking to my food plan. Even if I don’t have many followers, those who do follow are pretty great. If only I could figure out how to grow and make it a full time job instead of accounting. Some days I really hate numbers.
    Seriously, my tips are to find something you love and blog about that. Pictures for everything. Since mine are recipe or food related I keep the personal content or nonfood stuff to about a paragraph. No one really wants to scroll through 10 pages of your life. They might want to know why you made it, but not in that much detail. Then again, if it’s travel, family, or day to day stuff then the opposite is true. Put all of the background. Pick a time frame you can stick to. Will you do it every day, every week, every month? The people that do read it will look for your post consistently. If you tell people it will be every 2 weeks, then you need to try and post something every 2 weeks. Consistency is harder than you think going in. Pick a site that will let you draft your post in advance. That way you can work on it for a week without posting it. If I have 3 recipes ready to go I’ll prep three different blogs. Then I’ll just schedule the post the day before I want it to go. I love when I’m ahead and have a few prepared.

@jennysweet58 Congrats on losing the inches! That’s so great!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 7:00 :(
    - Email teachers :smiley:
    - Compile metrics :smiley:
    - Update spreadsheet :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - stay green :(
    - trivia :smiley:
    - limit 2 beers :(
    - bed by 11:00 :smiley:

I think we got V's school stuff straightened out to where she can turn in late assignments which has already brought her Chem grade from a D to a B, with one lab yet to complete. Lit may go up to an A. Still waiting to see if they approve dropping calculus.

Trivia was fun, but I had 4 beers instead of 2, then when I got home I had Doritos... Sigh, why did I buy Doritos? We won at trivia last night which was nice, we rarely win on a Wednesday night. Competition is fierce there. We do trivia on Thursday's also, but we win there frequently. Competition is tight, but the different format plays more to our strengths.

Supposed to do Thursday trivia tonight, but I may see if hubby will go without me. I'm not really in a going out kinda mood. Besides hubby and I have plans for the entire weekend which involve going out, out of town. We leave town tomorrow afternoon, and will likely hit a bar/restaurant in the evening. I bought some sexy new outfits for the evening, in green of course for tomorrow. Then we may shop Saturday during the day and go to a concert Saturday night. Sunday is a March Madness basketball game (probably Purdue and whoever they are beating up on). No real allegiance to the Boilermakers, but I have a couple of friends who went to Purdue. That's also who I chose on my bracket so I'll root for them. Really going to experience the atmosphere of March Madness.

JFT Goals
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meetings
    - More meetings
    - Go out on the shop floor and inspect
    - Relax a bit and maybe do some laundry...
    - Bed by 11:00

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Stressful day yesterday, but I did manage to make good food choices and log it all. Quick goals again today.

JFT Wednesday, 3/15 - the Ides of March!
    Log - :)
    Make healthy choices - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No time
    2 chores - No

JFT Thursday, 3/16
    Log
    Make healthy choices
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    Help daughter with her hair
    2 chores
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails.
    2. Online facilitation - Cover classes. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Grade late assignments. Journal. Update Week 12 file.
    3. Pit Crew - Make course assignments.
    4. Planning - Change bulletin board. Take boxes out to car. Mark courses complete per email. Reading (Netgalley). Update Goodreads! ChatGPT update; Source v Search Engine; Taxes scripts. Develop responses for applitrack. Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches. Scan Literature PDF.
    5. English class - DGP 6.4 / Lesson - TPCASTT / Poem / Closer = turn in PRs; candy! Check in with C about dr name.
    6. Park walk? Lifting?
    7. Sort clothes? Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Podcast. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA & tweetchats on anon; library volunteering. Park walk? Used bookstore? Sun RC. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows in bedroom. Move OUR blankets and pillows to bedroom.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset. Concerns about sleeping in room.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Mar 23 4p. How to respond to regressive behavior? What do I do about the fact that I WANT her to sleep in her room and she doesn't seem to care? Trying to reflect on progress but it's hard when there's so far to go. Obgyn Mar 15 11a. ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Biometric April X 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. It's just so difficult. :P
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Today:
    • 64 oz water :)
    • 24H Plan & Assess :)
    • WFPB meals today :)Lunch was Steel cut oats w/apples, pecans, flax & maple syrup; Dinner was Specialty Blend Rice, lentils, mushrooms, onions. Roasted Rosemary potatoes & green beans. Snacks were carrots, celery & PB, Blood Orange, toast w/jam. No dairy or animal fats.
    • Grocery shopping :)Lots of WFPB items. Spent half of what we normally spent. Pretty awesome but probably a fluke. I'll take it!
    • Food prep :(I was in so much pain by the time we left the grocery store, I wasn't able to stand in kitchen to clean & prep veggies for salad bar containers.
    • Close activity rings :)
    • Self-Care 30 minutes :)Researched recipes for different buddha bowls and WFPB recipes on Pinterest and watched some YouTube videos on Fibromyalgia, Auto-Immune diets and Fatty Liver Disease. I'm really hoping to reverse or manage my health with healthier lifestyle.

Hey there! Loving the ideas for snacks. I am an evening (TV Time) snacker and I really want to find better options too. I'd like to stop evening snacking altogether, but I noticed this week since I've been eating more WFPB that I'm truly hungry at that time. Plant-based meals just don't stick with me very long. I've been looking for options that won't give me reflux in the middle of the night also. So thanks for everyone who shared! Last night I had whole grain toast w/blackberry jam at about 8pm and it satisfied the urge for both crunch and sweet and took away the hunger, so that might just become my go-to.

I was recently diagnosed with more medical crap, and I have to go at the end of the month to see how far things have progressed. I'm really hoping to be able to reverse or stop the progression by eating healthier, more plant-based. However, I do not like vegetables, especially the kind that are considered the healthiest, so it's going to be a challenge looking for recipes that actually taste good to me and I enjoy eating. I've never been much of a cook...I like to grab easy stuff that I can pop in microwave or bags of chips, crackers & cheese (OMG, LOVE CHEESE), pizza, casseroles, well...you get the idea. So, for me to stand at the stove cooking rice, quinoa, clean/dice/cook vegetables, use seasonings (*gasp* What? Not just salt?)--it all just feels very challenging to me. But with the pain I have had, along with just not feeling well, I'm ready to try anything. It's beginning to affect my quality of life. Yesterday, the bottoms of my feet hurt so bad that I had to leave the grocery store and wait in the car for my husband to finish up. It feels absolutely ridiculous to me that I could feel this bad, and I actually get really pissed off when I try to do something and have to stop, but it's a real thing and I have to look for healthy ways to deal with it I guess. It's pretty humbling. I've been through a lot of crap in my life so to not be able to push through this one has been upsetting.

Sorry if that sounded whiny. I'm really not sitting here feeling sorry for myself, although I'm sure it sounds like I am. I'm really just pissed off and thinking over my options out loud. Honest! It is what it is, and I'm trying to come to terms and find doable things I can change to try to turn it around.

Just for Today:
    • 64 oz water
    • 24H Plan & Assess
    • WFPB meals today - Lunch: Avocado & tomato toast and fruit. Dinner: Buddha bowl with lots of greens. Snack Options: Fruit. Vegs w/hummus (or celery w/PB). Air popped popcorn. Toast w/jam.
    • Doctor appointment
    • Food prep - Clean & prep veggies for easy grabbing/salad bar containers.
    • Close activity rings
    • Self-Care 30 minutes: Options: Moisturize, mani/pedi, Gentle Yoga, do more research, recipes, Calm app, journal.

WOTY 2023: Balance
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap W 3/15
    1) Move hourly :smiley: 14.7K 37 floors 12/14
    2) Walk dog :smiley: 4.27mi happy dog & happy me
    3) Good choices at soup supper & limit desserts / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water :neutral: Ate extra cookie at soup supper because just not many choices for soup & sad me. Logged best guess. Net cals -19, sodium -270, fiber, protein, carbs good, fat ok, 72 oz. water
    4) Webinar 10-12 / put away clean dishes / bring clean laundry upstairs & put away ~ including line-dried yay / clear some papers / digital declutter / reply to PZ email / meal plan & grocery list for R :smiley: TA-DA!
    5) 6:00 soup supper / 7:00 Lent service :smiley:
    6) Floss / retainers / pray :smiley: 3x

JFT R 3/16
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog if rain holds off / PT exercises?
    3) Beef stew for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    4) Errands: grocery store, Sam's Club, bank / digital declutter / clear some papers / wash dishes / call Mom (maybe visit next week?) / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11] Day 44 ~ maintaining weight instead of losing is not my goal LOL

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    March 1x6 days, 1x5 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,605 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my cocoa, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. zoom call with daughter and her doctor.. hoping to get some help for her. I have called all around to try and find another psychiatrist that does in person visits .. they all do telehealth. I hate that.. so we'll keep the same doctor for now, but we will be in on the call to be sure the doctor knows all our concerns.

Yesterday was a good day with my daughters doctor. She is 45.. and objects to us being in on the calls, but this time it was important, as she tells her doctor she is doing great.. when she is not. We had written quite a long letter prior to the call, which helped. Her doctor cut one of her meds out completely, reduced her depression medication, and increased another one. So we are hoping this will work.. and the paranoia and bad thoughts will go away.
    I've been doing much better logging my food .. but I got used to my short time with WW, and with that program you don't log a lot of what they call "free" foods.. things like eggs, veggies, fruits, etc. But I just can't get going with that (there goes $60.00 down the drain!.. it was a special for $10 a month. I still have 3 months left, but opted for calorie counting instead).
    As I guessed, I am eating way over what I should be .. ha .. no wonder I am maintaining, which I don't want to do. So this week has been a eye opener for me.

I love the discussions about healthy snacks, foods ,etc. That is what I am also looking to eat more of .. things high in protein that will keep me full, yet lower in calories.

Even though today is almost over, I'll post short goals for the rest of today,
    Thurs, 3/16
    1. go to gym. DOne that .. plus took a 2 mile walk in the rain. But, it is 59 degrees out .. and suppose to get very cold tomorrow.
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. work on quilt

• dvmmcw8273
    dvmmcw8273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Be okay with slowing down to heal
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I want to respond to so many ... but it would take me all nite! But love all the new posters .. and all the discussions on here!
    @jennysweet58 - thank you for your encouragement with my daughter with mental illness. She is 45 now, and hers did not start until her mid 20s. (Diagnosed with schizoaffective, which occurs in the mid 20s). It has been a struggle because she lives alone, even though we see her often. But she will hide how she is doing for fear of being on even more meds. So I was so happy that the doctor actually cut some of her meds.. this I think showed our daughter how important it is to be very honest. So we are keeping our fingers crossed that this newest changes will help her. My heart goes to anyone suffering this illness. both the person themselves, and the entire family.
    You are so right in that the scale is not the only indicator of progress. I go to the gym a lot .. and I have so many telling me that I do not need to lose weight. but I think its because I have changed my body to be more muscular. I feel strong and healthy now, but I just know that those extra 25 pounds are not good (plus its all around my middle). I've never taken my measurements, but I can tell that even at a higher weight, my clothes fit yet. I am one that always weighed everyday .. I decided not to do that because it was pulling me down. Its just a number.
    @pamperedlinny - I am going to check out your blog. I love getting new recipes and trying new things!
    @pridesabtch - I am happy to hear that your daughter is doing better, and you are getting out for Trivia nite, and time out.
    @cschmitz110515 - I am trying to reduce calories by 100 also ... or jsut making better choices that are not so high in calories. I kinda stopped weighing daily because it was pulling me down. If I had a good week and didn't lose anything, I tend to get very discouraged. So I decided to just weigh maybe once a week if that, but instead watch my calories for the week, and use that as a indicator as to how I am going (And ha.. hope the scale reflects it!)
    @teigansdad - I am just like you with eating in the evenings. I've tried so many different ways to try and stop this .. eating more during the day so I wasn't hungry; eating less during the day so I had calories left to eat in the evenings. And I am like you.. once I start snacking on anything.. I don't stop. Its like I turned a switch, and want to just keep eating. So I am trying to brush my teeth after dinner .. and fill up my water glass immediately.. and carry it with me. I think for me, I am more thirsty.. not hungry. I jsut "want" something good to eat. Ha. . I'm on day 4 of this .. haven't been successful each nite, but I am aiming for 4 our of 7 nites of not eating.
    @emgracewrites - hugs .. hope your day went well.!
    @shann55437 - Mindset is 90% I think! You are doing great!
    @PackerFanInGB - Hugs! I hope you start to feel better soon. I know for me, I think as we get older (ha.. you are still young though!), that health reasons alone are the reasons to eat healthier. Keep us posted on your health .. saying prayers that all will be OK. You've been through a lot! Do you have a trader Joes near you? I find they have a lot of things that are healthy, and quick meals (cod, meatballs, chicken patties, etc). We also get a Rotaissere Chicken from Sams Club .. and I can easily get 3 meals out of that. I make chicken fajitas .. all I have to do is cut up the green peppers and onions, make chicken burittos (I make them either with healthy cream of chix soup and low fat cream cheese .. which is hubbys fav, but also with enchilada sauce. All I have to do is add the enchilada sauce, some low fat cheese, and shredded rotaissere chicken). I use the low carb tortillas .. 70 calories. I also use these in casseroles. So maybe if you can find some things like that that will lessen your time cooking. I'm like you.. I like to cook, but I want easy things! (Ha.. we both need to have time to spend sewing!!!).
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,605 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    500-750 calories in green w/ exercise✅
    Ftp test this AM💩💩
    Teigan to appointment and school✅
    Pick up more River stones for around the patio✅
    Second trainer ride💩💩
    Clean out closet get ride of stuff I don’t wear💩💩
    Get Teigan’s contacts✅
    My appointment✅
    Trail ride💩
    Cat litter💩
    Sweep floors💩
    Ride w Justin✅✅
    No more than 2 beers✅
    Log all food✅
    No food after 8💩
    10-14 glasses of water (more today because of heavy workout plan✅

Today was SOOOO frustrating. Spoke to my therapist about it and nothing I can do about it bur didn’t come close to what I had planned. There was a new glitch in my training program I use on the bike trainer so couldn’t do my power test.. spent forever trying to fix it. Updated driver, load reload hour on support still nothing
    Finally this evening on face book a group I follow had a workaround that looks like it’ll work. Ugh though. That being said had a STRONG ride w my friend so at least I’m making progress
    Figured I’d write this tonight so I could put it to bed
    Will check in w y’all in AM
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I also don't have a lot of time to cook, especially on weeknights. I'll usually do some meal prep on the weekends so I have grab & nuke options for the week - here's some quick things I do that don't require a ton of prep, maybe one of them might strike your fancy:

Asian cauliflower rice bowl: This one is so versatile. I put 1 tbs coconut aminos (lower sodium than soy sauce& a little sweeter) and 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil in the bottom of a bowl and mix. I nuke a bag of Green Giant riced cauliflower & add 1/2 the bag to the bowl, along with whatever other veggies & protein I have on hand - usually cooked broccoli or fresh spinach plus either chicken (I use Perdue short cut chicken strips a lot for convenience) or cooked salmon (our supermarket deli has pre-grilled fillets that I'll buy in bulk and freeze - so will defrost in the microwave when I need some). Mix it all up and add 1/4 of avocado and some smoked chipotle hot sauce...super yum & fast.

Have you tried zucchini noodles? Also super versatile, saute some for a couple of minutes and dump sauce on top - you can also add some frozen boca crumbles if you want to make a 'meat sauce' - nuke for 3-4 mins and you're good to go. I have an electric spiralizer that I've used for years, they make a world of difference. You can also use them raw in a faux "sesame noodle" bowl - https://www.hungry-girl.com/recipes/healthy-cold-sesame-zucchini-noodles

Same with spaghetti squash - poke it with a fork all the way around, and nuke whole for 5 mins. Turn over and nuke another 5. Cut in half, scoop out the seeds and use a fork to shred into "spaghetti" strands. You can either go italian like zucchini noodles, or I've also used as a base for some "lo mein" noodles - toss with 1 tbs coconut aminos, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, and tsp each minced garlic and ginger (I buy these pre-minced at the supermarket and add to whatever I need). Add whatever veggies/protein you have on hand. I'm not a big fan of tofu, but it would be great here.

Hungry Girl is a great resource for recipes - most are fairly simple and don't require a ton of time. You'll find what works for you & develop your own hacks I'm sure!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    Met my goals for yesterday...JFT:
    1. log and stay within calories
    2. drink 100oz of water
    3. pool workout with DH
    4. journal/mindset podcast
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Omg had the worst night of sleep ever… had kombucha with my friend instead of beer because he was on call… must be some caffeine in it as my brain would not shut down… then the little furry demons decided the circus should come to town at 3.50. Gonna be a 4 coffee morning

Goals for today
    Ftp test
    Drop kids off
    Cat litter
    Ac guy coming
    Closet
    Second trainer ride
    Cash Teigan’s checks
    Webex meeting
    Weights
    Log all food
    Pick up kids
    11-14 cups of water
    No beer
    At least 500-750 deficit with exercise
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @jennysweet58

I love the zucchini noodles (zoodles) but over here because we call zucchini "courgette" the nickname is courghetti. Like spaghetti 😂 I think the play on words are great!

But yeah, when we make bolognese, the kids and OH have real spaghetti and I make myself the courghetti. And it's just a great replacement for pasta I've found.
    I have a handheld spiraliser. But I'm not entirely sure the best way to cook them but I normally spiralise it, pat dry with paper towel to get most the moisture out and then fry them in a pan quickly with some butter for like 3 mins so they're crunchy not soggy.

As for people asking what snacks they can buy and what healthier choices they can make..

Look at your diary. Theres your information and that's where you can find an answer.
    So I did this when I FIRST started logging. I logged my normal eating habits for the first week with NO changes. So naturally I was over all the time.
    I had to know what level of eating I was working with.

I then look at my diary and was able to pick up the foods that really take a chunk out the calorie bank.
    So for example one of them was mayonnaise.

So what I did then was go on my local super markets website and found lower calories mayo and stuff. And made a note for my next shopping trip.

Same with biscuits, so I thought there must be hethier or lower calories biscuits. So I got back online and had a look again and found an alternative.

Do research on your own diary!

@emgracewrites I know your trying to find ways to gain weight, this could also apply to you maybe? You could be eating something where another product might give you them few extra calories.
    I don't know your background and didn't want to ask because it's nosy.

We all like what we eat, we all have eating habits and particular foods that are the go-to foods. But if you find the next best alternative, you're still eating similar things and not making drastic changes to your diet.
    Like you can still eat the biscuits (within reason, don't eat more just because they're less calories 😂)

I mean for me, the light mayo wasnt like the best, it wasn't bad in the slightest but I preferred the real mayo. But once I swapped out some things, I had enough room for the real mayo and also cut down the amount a bit

• jennysweet58
    Options
    @Bex953172 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) Hope it's a great day!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    @teigansdad - no sleep is the WORST. And when it happens I find I'm starving all damn day! Hope you can power through it and sleep like a rock tonight. :)
  • dvmmcw8273
    dvmmcw8273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    N/A beer at the party tonight