What Are You Currently Reading?

Options
ehju0901
ehju0901 Posts: 357 Member
I am trying to get into reading daily and am having a hard time finding books I want to read! I wanted to start a thread like this just to see what others are reading. Books, magazines, newspapers, articles - whatever it is, feel free to share! Bonus points for cover photos!

FINISHED READING

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow
By Gabrielle Zevin

61207289.jpg

In this exhilarating novel by the best-selling author of The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry two friends--often in love, but never lovers--come together as creative partners in the world of video game design, where success brings them fame, joy, tragedy, duplicity, and, ultimately, a kind of immortality.

On a bitter-cold day, in the December of his junior year at Harvard, Sam Masur exits a subway car and sees, amid the hordes of people waiting on the platform, Sadie Green. He calls her name. For a moment, she pretends she hasn't heard him, but then, she turns, and a game begins: a legendary collaboration that will launch them to stardom. These friends, intimates since childhood, borrow money, beg favors, and, before even graduating college, they have created their first blockbuster, Ichigo. Overnight, the world is theirs. Not even twenty-five years old, Sam and Sadie are brilliant, successful, and rich, but these qualities won't protect them from their own creative ambitions or the betrayals of their hearts.

Spanning thirty years, from Cambridge, Massachusetts, to Venice Beach, California, and lands in between and far beyond, Gabrielle Zevin's Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow is a dazzling and intricately imagined novel that examines the multifarious nature of identity, disability, failure, the redemptive possibilities in play, and above all, our need to connect: to be loved and to love. Yes, it is a love story, but it is not one you have read before.

Goodreads | Amazon

I really enjoyed this book. The cover art caught my eye, but I also saw it on many "Best of 2022" lists, so I gave it a chance. It started out a little slow, but the more I read the harder it was to put it down. There was some video game terms that I wasn't familiar with (I'm not much of a gamer), but I found that I got the gist of it from context.

I read that the rights to produce a movie/tv show have been finalized and I will be excited to check it out!

Replies

• TxDesertFox
    TxDesertFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been learning Mandarin on Duolingo so this is sort of some background to understand some of the cultural stuff.
    292f8bkqrnf8.jpg
  • meb2490
    meb2490 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Woman in the Library by Sulari Gentill and I just started Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. I try to read 4 books a month. Go on Goodreads for reviews and to discover new books to read. If you get the Libby app you can rent books and audiobooks from your library for free. It's awesome.
  • ehju0901
    Options
    meb2490 wrote: »
    I just finished The Woman in the Library by Sulari Gentill and I just started Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. I try to read 4 books a month. Go on Goodreads for reviews and to discover new books to read. If you get the Libby app you can rent books and audiobooks from your library for free. It's awesome.

I enjoyed the Little Fires Everywhere mini-series on Hulu, I've been meaning to check out the book too.
  • ehju0901
    Options
    JUST STARTED

The Gunslinger
    By Stephen King
    41WWz6EG9dL.jpg

In the first book of this series, Stephen King introduces readers to one of his most enigmatic heroes, Roland of Gilead, The Last Gunslinger.

He is a haunting figure, a loner on a spellbinding journey into good and evil. In his desolate world, which frighteningly mirrors our own, Roland pursues The Man in Black, encounters an alluring woman named Alice, and begins a friendship with the Kid from Earth called Jake. Both grippingly realistic and eerily dreamlike, The Gunslinger leaves readers eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Goodreads

I'm excited to start reading this series. I heard Mike Flanagan (The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor and Midnight Mass) is making a new TV show out of it and I typically love his work.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    For the record, there are at least two other threads for this same topic. Not to belittle you at all, I love reading. I just point out they exist because they are hundreds of pages long, which means a TON of suggestions have already been made to peruse through.