Mind control!

Options
_Quartz_
_Quartz_ Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2023 in Motivation and Support
It has taken me several attempts and failures to finally understand where i have always gone wrong with losing weight and actually being able to keep it off and finally i feel like i have hit that sweet spot, where i have finally come to the reality that i have to grind for me and me alone, that worrying what people think of you really doesn’t matter in the slightest, that your past doesn’t define you and infact teaches us in the future.

A positive mindset I honestly believe can really change everything and sometimes we just need to be surrounded by like minded people to feel that kind of energy, positivity, encouragment, belief and power that we can achieve anything once we put our minds to it!

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    _Quartz_ wrote: »

-that worrying what people think of you really doesn’t matter in the slightest

-your past doesn’t define you and infact teaches us in the future.

Spot on.

• _Taylor139_
    _Taylor139_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So much truth in these words. Real changes never occurs until you decide to change for yourself and only yourself. You can try and change because you think someone might like you better or look at you definitely but that change will only be temporary. Once you decide that you want a better you for yourself your mind will accept that and allow it. There still be be bumps in the road along the way that's natural with any change. Keep the positive thoughts and mind set. Focus on winning little battles and not worrying about the entire war.
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You hit that right on the nail head!! I too have recently learned this.. All those years wasted in making choices that I did not agree with just so I wasn't judged was a complete waste of time!! And may I add, worrying takes years off your life! Do for you... true words girl!!! Let's be friends and help support and motivate each other to stay on track :) I love people like you!!
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This is the mentality that will take you anywhere you want to go! Love it!