Need to stay motivated

Options
I need help to stay motivated to reach my goal of getting to 205 pounds. I’m currently at 220 pounds.

I feel like I need somebody to talk to maybe a life coach when times get tough that’s usually when I fall off.

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    What helped me is to stop thinking about the word “motivation” (which is always temporary) and focus more on the word “discipline.”

That may land wrong with some peoples personalities, but it really really helped me.
  • wolfpack4180237
    wolfpack4180237 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One day being disciplined down. I did a lot of meal prepping yesterday.
  • gmanikki1
    gmanikki1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning my name is nichelle n I getting back to it after having a slight pity party lol
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    One day being disciplined down. I did a lot of meal prepping yesterday.

HECK YEA!!!! Day by day! Straight up, meal prep (for me at least) is absolutely key. I'm off today (worked all weekend), and just finished meal prepping for my workweek. Anyway, keep at it man!!!
  • wolfpack4180237
    Options
    Another day being disciplined. So far so good. 😊
  • refactored
    refactored Posts: 399 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @wolfpack4180237 well done on building up the discipline to keep consistent. It is hard in those first few days and weeks to keep showing up and doing what needs to be done. But once habit takes over, it gets easier.

Have you considered joining a challenge that can support you during your journey? I am in the "Just Give Me 10 Days" challenges and there is a very supportive group on there. Most of us weigh daily but you don't have to.

Here is a link to the new one that will be starting in a few days:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/47369464

And here is a link to the one just finishing up so you can see what we get up to:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/47352962
  • wolfpack4180237
    Options
    Yesterday was tough trying to sleep. Hopefully tonight won’t be as bad. It’s hard to stay disciplined.
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    so, it's not all or nothing - it's a bunch of different actions you take through a whole day night.

when you have a job, you go every day and adjust some things as needed. Sometimes you have sick days, vacation days, go to doctor/appointment days...

are there some adjustments you can make when you're really tired - it's really easy to skip stuff then... maybe think of it as adjusting the game plan - early to bed? hot shower? a relaxing light stretching to help relax? Hang in and adapt as needed.
  • wolfpack4180237
    Options
    I slept better last night. Im done like 5 pounds already.
  • wolfpack4180237
    Options
    It’s pretty hard for me to sleep tonight. I’m going to try to fight the food cravings.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    It’s pretty hard for me to sleep tonight. I’m going to try to fight the food cravings.

If you're having trouble sleeping because you're hungry, then maybe you need to adjust your calories? How tall are you and what is your calorie level?

With 15 pounds to lose, you should have your Goals set at "Lose 1/2 pound per week." Any more aggressive than that and you're going to be eating very close to an unsustainable low calorie level.

If you set it to "Lose 2 pounds..." there's your reason.

Other than that? What did you set as your daily Activity Level? Are you exercising? Both those things also influence and require additional calories. Be realistic in your Activity Level.

Just because the computer tells you there is an option to lose weight fast, doesn't mean your personal situation and body will support that. Garbage in, garbage out when it comes to computers, ya know?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    cfpqwo9vvrsi.png

• rebecca_livinghealthy
    Options
    How's it going @wolfpack4180237 It's a new day ... you can do this!