Not Losing Weight

Options
scottguthrie500
scottguthrie500 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2023 in Getting Started
Hello All,
Been using myfitnesspal for a while now. I am staying right around 1800 calories per day and exercising 4 days per week on average, but not dropping any weight (very little). I had great results about a 2 years ago dropping weight doing the same thing, but now not getting the results. Feel like I have plateaued. Any advice? Thank you

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    How long is "a while", that you haven't lost weight? And how much weight loss in that time is "very little" weight that you dropped? Did you add the 4 days a week of workouts at the same time you went to that calorie level? Do you eat back exercise calories, and if so how do you estimate them?

Also, has anything changed in your life since the last round of weight loss? Are you lighter, or do you have a less physical daily life (job, commute, home chores, etc.)?

It would help to know your current height, weight, sex, and what your daily life is like activity-wise (beyond exercise), too.

Without more information, it's hard to give advice.
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods are you eating? You want to eat a TON of veggies as they make your body work hard breaking them down and help you to feel really full. Are you exercising? If you are doing the same kinds of expertise without challenging yourself to do something more difficult you can plateau as your body is used to that level of activity with the amount of calories you are eating.
  • LisaBurkle
    LisaBurkle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add strength training and up your protein! 100 grams a day! Sound like a lot but very do-able! Tuna- eggs- lean beef- fish- oikos pro yougurt! Your metabolism will kick back in!