DEFINITELY NOT NEW...But A NEW start!

Options
ktaylor1188
ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
120lbs lost, fell in love with heavy lifting, found myself, 2 kids, bit off weight on...and a bit off...became a powerlifter, one divorce, some injuries, and one new relationship later and here i am...11 years later still down 100lbs but working through injuries and that last measly 20lbs. I need to get recommitted and put me first again. lt's a little harder this time around...Im a mom, bit older, busier, and much more stressed but I will never go back to the unhealthy life I had 11 years ago. Send a message or invite if you would are motivated and serious about the healthy lifestyle! I could use some new committed friends to help me continue on this journey!
Thanks!

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Would love to connect. I need to get my mojo back as well. I'm guessing I'm older (49yo) as my kids are mostly grown, but I've been on and off the wagon lately. More off than on. I started gaining again and need to get a grip!

Nikki
  • katyjay2014
    katyjay2014 Posts: 54 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Yup, I'm here for it too. 6 yrs ago I lost 70lb. Then insomnia hit and I fell out of routine as I struggled to heal. Then covid etc hit and I lived that out as a nurse. Then my niece died. I'm a different person than I was 6 yrs ago and I wouldn't change the personal growth for anything. But I gained back 30lb and I need to get back in the groove! My clothes are tight but most of all, I FEEL overweight again when I move. I've been working out for the past few days again and it feels good. I now know how to fuel my body with nutrient dense foods instead of just CICO, so I'm confident I have better tools this time around! I'm 💯 here for the amazing community!
  • AliciaMarie826
    AliciaMarie826 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Coming back after losing 60lbs in 2019 and gaining 80lbs since then through pandemic and depression. I’m a mom of 2 and looking to get myself back to the healthy lifestyle I grew to love back then and never look back! I would love to connect and rock this together!
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I’m back on the wagon and have a lot more to lose but I definitely would love more friends to motivate each other. I slimmed right down in my late 40s, was working out at the gym, weight training 3/4 x a week, felt so energized and fantastic and then was diagnosed with cancer out of the blue. So after chemo and a very long recovery + Covid I am now back at square one but determined to get back to where I was, although now I am 54. My kids are 22, 19 & 16. Everyone in my family is fit and healthy and works out so I want to be back to that level to join them.

I lost 4lb the first week!
  • azpostal
    azpostal Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I am just getting restarted too! About six years ago I lost about 45 pounds. I actually got to the point where I was too thin… And over the years it started to creep back on. And then about 2 1/2 years ago I retired from a very active job I had with the post office. I’ve gained about 15 pounds back since I retired. In fact, I am right around where I was when I started the first time. i’ve tried to restart several times, but this time seems to be different. I’m only three days into it, but I feel really connected this time. I’ve gone ahead and adjusted my weight/starting weight and reached out to people to keep me motivated and determined. In the past, I never really did that… When I originally lost all my weight, I was part of a really good group here on MFP and I’m hoping to find that kind of friendship and motivation again! Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Powerlifter mom here too!