Burning bridges (but not bras)...

Options
Wynnie
Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
I have gone down a couple pant sizes and even though I have plateaud about 5lbs higher than my goal, I debated and debated but finally took all the larger clothes to the Goodwill. When I asked on here, I got about 50-50 response for ditching or saving them "just in case". I decided it would be like burning the bridge. If my current size begins to feel more "snugg", then I'll know to be more disciplined - that way I won't need to buy larger or regret that I got rid of those bigger sizes. I did also go down a bra size, but whatever - if "my cup is full" in life, that'll just have to do - har! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have gone down a couple pant sizes and even though I have plateaud about 5lbs higher than my goal, I debated and debated but finally took all the larger clothes to the Goodwill. When I asked on here, I got about 50-50 response for ditching or saving them "just in case". I decided it would be like burning the bridge. If my current size begins to feel more "snugg", then I'll know to be more disciplined - that way I won't need to buy larger or regret that I got rid of those bigger sizes. I did also go down a bra size, but whatever - if "my cup is full" in life, that'll just have to do - har! :bigsmile:
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    I'd spend the money on some new bras (correctly) sized, before I would by new pants. It's just me but a bad fitting bra can ruin any outfit.

Ditch the old clothes.......
  • letiamae
    letiamae Posts: 23
    Options
    Good job! It sounds like you have made a lot of progress! Congratulations!
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do get a new bra I had a very painful experience. I had gone down a size and hadn't gotten around to get a new bra anyway to cut a long story short I wound up with friction burns where my bra straps sit not plesant as you can imagine but as far as the other clothes get rid of all of them except one pair as a reminder of what you don't want to go back to
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I developed the opinion that those old clothes are bad energy.

Also, totally buy a new bra. If you can find a specialty lingerie store, they'll actually alter your bras if you continue to shrink (only band size, not cups). The lingerie store in my neighborhood knows me because I bought two basic bras every four-six months. It makes everything look a world better.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I keep a bin and use freecycle to give away my old things in return i can ask for items that maybe i would rather not spend the money on while in transition..I definately ditch and stop wearing my old clothes as well to keep me on track ..
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I keep a bin and use freecycle to give away my old things in return i can ask for items that maybe i would rather not spend the money on while in transition..I definately ditch and stop wearing my old clothes as well to keep me on track ..I would definately get a new bra ..I just had to run out and grab new sports bras..
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I am going to go thru my closet again as well, get rid of it all I say!
    And go get fitted for new bras, I want down two sizes in the band, But UP in the cup, and that was just since new years! nothing worse than a bad fitting bra~
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I have already got rid of some of my pants and shorts that are falling off of me. I am going to get rid of all my bigger stuff when I get to my goal or before.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!