What reactions have you got from your s/o over your weight l

Options
I was just wondering what reactions you have gotten from your s/o over your weight loss. My husband has always said I love you the way you are if you want to lose weight then do it for yourself. He has always been supportive and loving about my weight. However, I have always felt that he would prefer me at a smaller size because why wouldn't he, I know I didn't look good at 292 lbs, so even though he was sweet and supportive and never said anything negative that's how I felt.

Anyway, yesterday I went shopping for a few new things in my new size of 16 pants and XL shirt (My starting size was embarrassing to admit but 24 pants and a 4x shirt). I bought 2 pair of pants and 3 shirts. When he got home I went to try them on and model them for him. His reaction was amazing! He wouldn't stop smiling or staring at me & kept trying to grab my bootie, lol! My husband is not and never has been a touchy feely kind of man. It felt so great that I saw how impressed he was & how much he liked my new look. It makes me wonder if he acts like this now when I'm a size 16 (which in my opinion still isn't small) then how will he act when I get to where I want to be in a size 5 or 8?

Replies

• Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Well DONE, you!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I've been able to wear my wedding rings again for a month now, and lately people are noticing and complimenting how pretty it is, my husband can't seem to keep his hands off me and the most important one is being told I am inspiring others to start living a healthier lifestyle!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I didn't get the chance. She was out the door with someone else because my weight embarrassed her.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    He has always said I am a bit podgy, even before I had children. He didn't really comment on my weight after, unless asked, when he would say I could lose some weight. The highest I've been is about 160 lbs at 5'5", I was around 152 lbs for 5 years.

He definitely prefers what I look like now, but he does say I am too thin sometimes.
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sweet story jnd951999.Seems like you have a nice husband.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!!!! My husband took me clothes shopping, and I loved it!!

My husband can't keep his hands off me-seriously. To the point that the kids are starting to say things. lol Our 12 and 14 YO's keep telling us to get a room.

People at church have really noticed and said very nice things-some are men who've commented to my husband about how beautiful his wife looks. :) I love that...
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My hubby is the same way he says I was fine and didn't need to lose any weight, but when I got down to my goal weight look out. You could tell a major difference in him..lol It's sweet Congrats and keep up the awesome work!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    That is so cute! My hubby's about the same. I was heavy (240 lbs) when he fell in love with me, still loved me through all my dieting attempts and even when I reached the peak 20 pounds heavier than when I met him. I've also noticed a bit more physical attention from his as I've slimmed down. And he alwasy fishes for compliments on my weight loss when our friends come over - "look at her, isn't she doing great!". It's great to know how proud he is of me! The only negative comments have been concerns about some of the new lighter recipes and losing my "girls".
  • msjamartin
    Options
    I get a lot of double takes at the office. I've been here two years and when I started I was 350. Now I'm almost below 200. I've had people stop and turn. The comment is then "I didn't recognize you. You didn't look like yourself.".

Also, several of the men that I work with have been really good friends with my co-worker who has been here longer. They come over to talke and then do double takes back to me. A couple have out-right complimented me on how great I'm looking. A few, whom I don't really know, have leaned over and whispered to my co-worker "she looks amazing" :)

There isn't a week that goes by where someone isn't surprised or more likely stunned by how I look. The compliments come nearly daily and at first it was really hard. I had so much to lose. I'm more used to it and can accept that I really do look "good".

Can't wait for the final 55 or so till my goal weight!!!! Going shopping today and will be trying on 14's and Larges for the FIRST TIME in over 20 years!!!!! (I'm actually wearing 14W jeans but they have a bit of stretchy spandex so they don't completly count.)
  • Samhally
    Options
    When we met, I was 150, that crept Up to 225 I'n just a few years. He went from 200 to 298, we've both lost over 100 lbs together I'n 4 months snd there is definently more 'fun' time. ;)
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I've been able to wear my wedding rings again for a month now, and lately people are noticing and complimenting how pretty it is, my husband can't seem to keep his hands off me and the most important one is being told I am inspiring others to start living a healthier lifestyle!

Oooops sorry....I include reactions from everyone!!! Took me a few minutes to figure out w/ s/o meant....lol :blushing:
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I didn't get the chance. She was out the door with someone else because my weight embarrassed her.

Well then, goodbye to her!!!
  • rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My wife can't keep her hands off of ME!!! And if I turn to look at her as I walk to the bathroom in the morning (wearing just my skivvies) I see her watching my butt. She can't believe that the ring she bought for me 5 months ago is so big on me it falls off when I do the dishes. I can't wait until I get down to my goal weight and see her reaction then!
  • igora_soma
    Options
    My bf met me at my heaviest and seems to be just as attracted to me as before. Although he's said that my face is thinner and my features have become sharper. It's nice to have the support and understanding :)
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That is so cute! My hubby's about the same. I was heavy (240 lbs) when he fell in love with me, still loved me through all my dieting attempts and even when I reached the peak 20 pounds heavier than when I met him. I've also noticed a bit more physical attention from his as I've slimmed down. And he alwasy fishes for compliments on my weight loss when our friends come over - "look at her, isn't she doing great!". It's great to know how proud he is of me! The only negative comments have been concerns about some of the new lighter recipes and losing my "girls".

My guy is very similar.

He's always told me that I'm beautiful and that he loves me. As I've lost weight, he's so proud of me. Every time we go over to his parent's house, he's quick to update them on my progress. I'm gaining confidence in my appearance as I slim down and realize that I'm not ugly. I looked at him the other day and said "You have such a hot girlfriend now!" He just chuckled and said "I've always had a hot girlfriend, but you're just now realizing it." <3

His only complaints are about how I'm losing my boobs (they're still huge, just not as full) and how I tend to get hung up on the number of calories in foods when we go out.
  • rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options

My guy is very similar.

He's always told me that I'm beautiful and that he loves me. As I've lost weight, he's so proud of me. Every time we go over to his parent's house, he's quick to update them on my progress. I'm gaining confidence in my appearance as I slim down and realize that I'm not ugly. I looked at him the other day and said "You have such a hot girlfriend now!" He just chuckled and said "I've always had a hot girlfriend, but you're just now realizing it." <3

His only complaints are about how I'm losing my boobs (they're still huge, just not as full) and how I tend to get hung up on the number of calories in foods when we go out.

My wife is losint weight also and she asks me what I will do when her breasts get smaller...I said, "it is the whole package I'm interested in...just don't lose the butt!"

Her only complaint is that I have to wash my own workout clothes because they smell like man sweat...lol!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I've noticed my wife watching me a little more intently when I'm changing clothes. I've also flexed for her a couple times (showing off the new found definition in my arms) and gotten some great looks along with a couple "Niiiiiiice" reactions.
  • violetfire80
    Options
    my future hubby can't keep his hands off me now so lord knows what he will be like when I reach my target! I might have to put a restraining order on him! ;-) hehe
  • hedkell
    hedkell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My wife can't keep her hands off of ME!!! And if I turn to look at her as I walk to the bathroom in the morning (wearing just my skivvies) I see her watching my butt. She can't believe that the ring she bought for me 5 months ago is so big on me it falls off when I do the dishes. I can't wait until I get down to my goal weight and see her reaction then!

You do the dishes??? Damn I wish my husband did!!!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My hubs isnt really the "talking emotions" type. When I send him my weekly loss for his work weight loss challenge, he might reply with a "Damn Girl" or "Im so proud of you." but thats all over text. Hes not usually comfortable with the "in person" congratulations. (I blame his emotionally stunted mother and idiot biological father, but thats a whole 'nother post :grumble: )

BUT last weekend, we were at my cousins daughters 2nd birthday party. He was sitting at a table chatting with my dad and I was running around with the kids playing. I noticed him watching us with a smile...and I just assumed it was cuz my kids are so damn cute. :tongue: but then a few minutes later, we were alone in the backyard while everyone was making their way in to sing Happy Birthday & I was trying to pick up some of the food plates left on the tables. He walked up to me all stealth-like, still smiling, and said "Hey there, sexy lady. You look GOOD." and gave me a kiss, pulled away and winked. :wink: It may not seem like a lot, but I was walking on air the rest of the day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!