Another 30DS

Options
Ok I'm on day 3 of the DVD and I still can't go thur it without stoppiing. The jumpin jacks and butt kicks KILL my knees does anyone else have this problem? I really like everything else but as I sit here my knees and shines (or how ever you spell it) are killing me. GRRRRRR

Replies

• felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Do a modified JJ instead even though Jillian tells you not to. You are still moving and that is a good thing!
  • Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Modify the exercises you can't do. I have bad knees and jumping jacks put a lot of strain on them. So I would suggest either running in place or jump in place (jump rope exercise Jillian does through out the 30DS). No matter what, you are moving and will still get a great workout!!
  • justine5587
    justine5587 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can modifiy the cardio part, maybe do the boxing thing or the jump rope, as long as you keep your heartrate up!
  • Mixie87
    Mixie87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Modify if you must, nothing wrong with that! Another thing that helped me out, I had ankle problems (broke my ankle 2 years ago and never did physical therapy), is stretching. Sometimes it is just a muscle or area that needs to be more flexible. I hope this helps. :D

Also, this might help too. When I was starting out I would get TIRED easy and my ankle would start hurting, with just level 1. So if the cardio (the jumping up and down part for me) was too much I would just kick and punch. Kick with left+punch with right, alternate, alternate. Eventually it got easier. Like felicityksr said, you are still moving!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Any other cardio that you can do will work, the point of the cardio is to keep your heart rate up. Just run on the spot and punch the air for the cardio parts.
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    PERFECT THANK U ALL I didn't what to cheat!