Master cleanse or Lemonade diet support??

I would love to have pals that have done the master cleanse for the 10 days+.or are doing it or will do it soon...

Im preparing myself to do it this october for skin problems that wont go away even with better diet or creams.

thank you!!

Replies

• I don't recommend the master cleanse...you'll be too wiped out to even function.

Do a raw juice fast. It'll do your body a world of good, but still give you enough calories to function...while still clearing up skin, making you glow AND dropping pounds!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Plus that much acid and spice on an empty stomach, not good.
  • Also -

If you have skin problems...wash your face with raw, organic honey. You can throw some raw brown sugar in there too to make a good exfoliant. And then tone with Bragg's apple cider vinegar.

I guarantee some of your facial problems (I'm assuming either your skin is too oily, too dry, or problems with acne) will go away within the first couple days, and within a couple weeks...it'll look AMAZING!
  • Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    I haven't done those cleanses. I have done an apple cleanse before. (Eat apples only. You get fiber and nutrients, and the malic acid cleanses the system. Water, tea, plain coffee are allowed.)

Mixed results.

Yes, my skin and body were overall improved.

The diarrhea (you'll get that with any cleanse) was uncomfortable and I'm out in the public a lot, so overall a cleanse was unrealistic for me.

If you have a juicer, you could do a juice fast, made from raw veggies and fruit. More nutritionally diverse.
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    I would not recommend this. Cleanses aren't really healthy!

In 2007, I did the master cleanse/lemonade diet or whatever it was called. I just got back from vacation and wanted to lose the weight I gained. So, I drank the lemon water with cayenne pepper and drank the Smooth Moves tea. Within two days, I was in the emergency room and I got my appendix out and had serious colon problems!
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 130 Member
    I've done cleanses before; and i recommend doing one that doesn't force you to eat weird foods. If you are serious about a good, healthy cleanse, go out and buy the book Clean. It's written by a doctor and its truly helps detoxify your body. Its a month long -- 1 week of an elimination diet, and 3 weeks of the actual cleanse. It's awesome and my doctor recommended it for me. I felt absolutely amazing afterwards!

P.S. if you do read the book, you'll be SHOCKED by what you read... :noway:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    I cleanse every day. My favorite to use is the Olay shea butter bath wash I got at Target. It smells really nice.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    I cleanse every day. My favorite to use is the Olay shea butter bath wash I got at Target. It smells really nice.

Hilarious! :laugh:

I tried the master cleanse for a few days many years ago, and I pretty much felt like crap the whole time (although not all that hungry--if you follow the measuring and stuff, you're still getting about 1500 cals a day due to the maple syrup). I will say, though, that I think the best meal of my life was the first meal I had back--vegetable soup from California Chicken Cafe, and now it is still one of my favorite foods! I felt fabulous the day I started eating again, but my boyfriend reminded me that it was probably just becuase I was eating again. I did not lose weight. All in all, I'd say it was pretty much useless, for me, but I'm glad I tried it so I no longer wonder about it!
  • i only wash my face with honey.
    but i know theres internal issues going on.
  • Plus that much acid and spice on an empty stomach, not good.
    Lemon juice is very powerful in the good way. A lot of people drink warm water with lemon juice first thing in the morning and have no problems actually its a great thing to do....

I see many people drink black soda first thing in the morning, now thats "not good"

At the moment im just eating fruits, vegetables, tea, brown rice protein, coconut milk and water... avoiding heavy stuff to see if im capable to go on a strict cleanse. I have seen its all in the mind and eyes...

In case your celebrity oriented like most America Beyonce did it and lost 22# with no problems I hear but w/e.

i guess everyone has their own opinion. I feel this is a good thing, and I will continue.
    now if only i can find organic lemons cheaper than 99cents each!! that will be a deal breaker:indifferent: