Are you beach body ready?

Options
Summer is coming! Are you ready to hit the beach in that itty bitty bikini? I'm not! lol!c05zbwexsa3p.jpg

Are you beach body ready? 26 votes

Yes
26%
middlehaitchpamperedlinnyquiksylver296LiveOnceBeHappyjseams1234NaaChestJaysFan82 7 votes
No
73%
bosskittytigerlinlyAnnPT77annecantfindausernameTrish1cScienceofTeachingSharsousimasarlauskaitesagar_acidGabrielleXooPeachTyeMischanteobx1bagdblirondogHappyness4me2strength3335TheAngieScottTrabsiwel5439gwilwilith3 19 votes

Replies

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Maybe as in beached whale? šŸ³ Then absolutely!
  • Plasicage
    Plasicage Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

n1uggy02w2tx.png
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,990 Member
    Options
    Physically I'm at the lowest BF% in decades, so there's that. However, people had better have their sunglasses on, as I'm sure my neon-white skin is sure to blind a few folks.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Since I went to Belize the end of January, and had my body on the beach - YEP!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Yes
    I plan to go to the beach and have family fun so we'll go with yes. HOWEVER, the bikini is an entirely different story.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yup, but with the weather we are having in Northern California recently, not likely any beach trips for a while... also not sure anybody wants to see me in a bikini - although It would be interesting to see Dwayne Johnson or Tracy Morgan try to pull it off. lol
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    No
    I'll probably never wear a bikini again. I was here on MFP before my 50th birthday & worked my *kitten* off . . .ok more like my belly. I rocked a bikini on my 50th. I was so proud of myself!

Then DH walked up to me & handed me a cheeseburger & a pina colada. He congratulated me on achieving my goal (bikini with a flat(ish) stomach) but when he handed me the food he said "don't ever do this again. I want fat & happy not skinny & bitchy." I didn't think I was that bitchy. :s

Anyway now, post Covid & all the stress baking I did, I'm overweight. Nothing fits & I'm miserable. I gave up my biggest calorie problem -- wine -- for dry January. Lost about 1-2 pounds. Now for Lent I have given up the other one -- sugared soda -- which is killing me. Oh, how I miss caffeine.

DH & I joined the Y in February but haven't been faithfully going :( Trying to do better. I worked out yesterday & today but still feel fat & out of shape. It's demoralizing.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Oh, I am so ready, but.........

We were all supposed to be hitting the Caribbean and a cruise at the beginning of April to celebrate my son's 50th and my 70th but my better half managed to break his ankle in 3 places (compound at that!) so all travel is off for a few months.

I love the beach and usually haul my snorkeling gear along with me for these trips as well as 7-8 bikinis. Yup I have that many, and 1 swimsuit (that I haven't worn since the day I bought it). I hate sitting around in wet bottoms so always carry a couple spare bikinis to change into.

Do I look great in my bikinis? Probably not.
    Do I care? Not at all.

(a friend has a video of me stood in a bikini laughing and my belly is jiggling like crazy. It sets us off laughing all over again every time it is played)

Cheers, h B)
    I do slather myself in sun block in general, and wear a rashguard when snorkeling.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Every body is a beach body! Have fun and enjoy the sun and sea no matter your current size and shape. Of course, we all want to feel our best, but I hope people never want to not participate in amazing nature at the beach because they aren't a certain size! F(53), 131 lbs, 5' 2.5".
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Either way this body is going in a 2 piece šŸ‘™
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Put on a bikini...then you are beach ready. Who gives a carp?
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    No
    With medical problems will never be able to swim in ocean again but can work towards being able to sunbathe
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No
    Well that's a complicated answer. I'm not the biggest fan of my body, but I also won't let that stop me from enjoying the sun and soaking in rays. I won't be impressing anyone I'm sure, but I also won't let insecurities hold me back from living my best life. And one day, with all this working out I do, I'll get both.
  • Happyness4me2
    Happyness4me2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No
    I don't like tiny bikinis. So, no.