My first post!

rconlon71611
rconlon71611 Posts: 10 Member
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Renee, I live in GA. I've been using the myfitnesspal app. on my smartphone for a few months, but this is the first time I've decided to join any forums, and I'm excited after reading some of the threads and how supportive everyone seems to be. It seems like it could be one more step in the right direction for me.

At this point I'm trying to climb back on the wagon, I'd lost about 30 lbs for my wedding in July (there was a LOT of incentive, thousands of dollars worth;) And I was looking great, but the honeymoon was a cruise and not only did I fall off the wagon, I crashed and burned.. (Those dang buffets!!) Anyways! I've gain about 20 lbs back in a pretty short amount of time, and I am not liking this one bit!! And there is not a lot of incentive now that I'm an old married woman. LOL! So here I goooooooooooooooo!

Replies

• MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Welcome!! I can feel your pain...I had that same incentive a year ago...then came the honeymoon...combine that with the fact that I married a man who loves to cook AND he's from the south so he like everything fried or cooked with plenty of butter...I'm slowly but surely trying to get him to cook healthier but it's a battle!!
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Hello Renee. You are in the right place to succeed in your weight loss journey. There is always somebody here to answer your questions, help you through your struggles and to celebrate your successes. I would like to invite you to join the "Life's New Journey October Challenge" starting Oct 3rd. Add me and send me a message if you are interested.
  • congrats on you wedding !!!!!! its easy to put back on the weight , but its good you are not waiting it gets harder. MFP is a big help I need the encouragment from others with the same battle. welcome !!!!!!! :smile: You can add me as friend and we can encourage each other my daughter will add you too if you would like ..
  • rconlon71611
    Hi! Thank you for the warm welcome! Losing this weight (plus some hopefully) and keeping it off is harder than I thought it was going to be. We love to cook too! I went to culinary art school and its one of my passions, and dinner is pretty much the highlight of our day and when we get to spend time together. Its just not the same over dry baked chicken and veggies! I've been doing a lot of research to find some delicious healthy recipes that I would enjoy cooking as well as eating. I've found a few and I'd love to share them with you!
  • rconlon71611
    Thank you! And thanks for the encouraging welcome! So far this is great! I'm sorry I waited so long to join the community! I would love to be friends with you and your daughter!
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    This might be your first post....but it's not your first rodeo girl, you lost it before and you will do it again we gonna make sure a that!!! You get support here but most important...accountability with out that I would still be wallowing in burgers and fries...lol welcome!!! add me if you like and get ready to kik some butt!!!!!!!:wink:
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Well hello and glad to see that you're committed to getting back on the wagon. Definitely making friends on the forum will help keep you motivated and give you new ideas on how to be successful. So don't be afraid to share, we're all among friends here.
  • rconlon71611
    This might be your first post....but it's not your first rodeo girl, you lost it before and you will do it again we gonna make sure a that!!! You get support here but most important...accountability with out that I would still be wallowing in burgers and fries...lol welcome!!! add me if you like and get ready to kik some butt!!!!!!!:wink:

Thank so much!! And I am ready to kick some serious butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My own!
  • rconlon71611
    I'm still figuring out this forum thing! lol
  • rconlon71611
    Welcome!! I can feel your pain...I had that same incentive a year ago...then came the honeymoon...combine that with the fact that I married a man who loves to cook AND he's from the south so he like everything fried or cooked with plenty of butter...I'm slowly but surely trying to get him to cook healthier but it's a battle!!

Hi! Thank you for the warm welcome! Losing this weight (plus some hopefully) and keeping it off is harder than I thought it was going to be. We love to cook too! I went to culinary art school and its one of my passions, and dinner is pretty much the highlight of our day and when we get to spend time together. Its just not the same over dry baked chicken and veggies! I've been doing a lot of research to find some delicious healthy recipes that I would enjoy cooking as well as eating. I've found a few and I'd love to share them with you!
This discussion has been closed.