Fit Life Challenge

Options
FIT LIFE CHALLENGE

I am starting a challenge today that is going to be different than most others. This is not JUST a weight loss challenge, but it will also be somewhat of a life makeover. I want this challenge to change our lives! It will start today and go till January 1st 2012. Each week there will be 3 different kinds of challenges: a Food Challenge, an Exercise Challenge, and a Life Challenge. The key to this challenge is to be 100% honest with ourselves and our teammates that are doing the challenge as well. We are all here for the same reasons, to lose weight and get/give encouragement and support. Don’t worry about what other people think because we are all in the same boat, that’s why we are here. We will be ONE Team working together to become the Absolute BEST Version of Ourselves. A requirement for this challenge is that you must open your diary. This is not so that others can criticize your choices but so that we will think twice about what we are about to put into our bodies bc we know others will see it. I have not opened my diary until today, I deleted all of my old entries so that I could make a fresh start.

Weigh Ins will be every Friday
New Challenges will be posted on and begin on Friday.
And From Friday-Thursday you can submit your requests for the next weeks challenges- Tell me what you’re struggling with and we can all get through it together. (you can PM me these if you want so that that info can stay anonymous)

To join the Fit Life Challenge please answer these questions, I will use my answers as examples.

Name: Julie
Current Weight: 214
Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 164
What you struggle with in your:

-Diet: Staying on calorie target, I always go over by a couple hundred.
-Physical Fitness: Getting to the gym. Once I get there I love it, but I need to get off my butt and get there.
-Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt, etc): I am ALWAYS running late and I hate it!
And what you want to accomplish by New Years. How do you want your life to be different by then?
I want to lose 50lbs by New Years, (I know this is a BIG goal but I also know that I can do it the healthy way) I want to hold myself accountable for my diet and exercise, I want to be punctual, and confident. I want to have more energy to play with my daughter. I want to be a better version of myself.

And just a side question, do you guys think that we should post group info in the forum or should we use my blog to post new challenges and weigh in information? It would be more personal and kind of “for our eyes only” What do you think?

SO, are you IN? Are you excited? I really am, I have needed something like this for a long time.

So hurry, sign up now, I am closing the group when we get 20 members!

Replies

• mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    im in! definately - just what i need!

Name: claire
    Current Weight: 90.2 kg
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 70kg

-Diet: junk food and comfort food - although i dont go over my calories it is hard not to eat them
    -Physical Fitness: exercise in general - i have all the good motivations - i try and get to the gym - just got to get going but i have had some health problems stopping me and its hard to get back into a routine
    -Everyday Life: stress - working full time and bringing up a 1 year old, tiredness and not seeing my husband as much - he works nights i work days.
    And what you want to accomplish by New Years. How do you want your life to be different by then?
    i want to be at least half way to my goal weight if not 3/4. i want to have my health alot better and to be calmer and more level headed.
  • daram05
    Options
    I want to join...

Name: Dara
    Current Weight: 147
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 135-140

Weekend eating
    Controlling my sugar and sodium intake
    Getting enough sleep
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I can definitely use a challenge like this!!

Name: Charmaine
    Current 174.6
    GW by Jan. 1st 135

What I struggle with?

-Diet: I struggle with taking the time and logging my food so this will be a good wway for me to work on that again.
    -Physical Fitness: I am a all or nothing person so when I start a program and when I have to miss I get discouraged and feel like I have failed myself.
    -Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt) Wow we share the same struggles so I just left them there!!
    I want to be down to my goal and only have to work on maintaining it in the New Year not making another New Year's resolution of losing weight. I want to have a healthier overall diet and limit my junk intake. Stop spending extra money on fast food. Just be and overall healthy person and know that it doesn't mean perfect I will settle for 85% healthy I may have a few off days here and there....
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Count me in please! Been looking for a challenge like this :)

Name: Whitney
    Current Weight: 205.4
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 180

-Diet: Eating healthy. I HATE most veggies and barely like any fruit. I want to eat a balanced diet but between food allergies/foods I hate, I sincerely struggle with this!!
    -Physical Fitness: Pushing myself.
    -Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt, etc): Same as you- I am ALWAYS running late and I hate it!
    -What you want to accomplish by New Years. How do you want your life to be different by then?
    I want to go down a a size or two, be on time more, run a 5k, and lose 20lbs!
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options

-Diet: junk food and comfort food - although i dont go over my calories it is hard not to eat them
    -Physical Fitness: exercise in general - i have all the good motivations - i try and get to the gym - just got to get going but i have had some health problems stopping me and its hard to get back into a routine
    -Everyday Life: stress - working full time and bringing up a 1 year old, tiredness and not seeing my husband as much - he works nights i work days.
    i want to be at least half way to my goal weight if not 3/4. i want to have my health alot better and to be calmer and more level headed.

just worked it out in lbs - 198.8 starting weight
    - 154.7 gw by jan
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options

just worked it out in lbs - 198.8 starting weight
    - 154.7 gw by jan

thank you! I was wondering what that was in pounds haha
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options
    So far it seems like we all have a lot of the same things to work through. We can do it together!
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm game.. I haven't done a challenge on here yet!

Name: Emily
    Current Weight: 175
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: I'm really trying to hit at least 160 and stay there.

-Diet: Drinking on the weekends with friends... a lot of calories in soda and wine!
    -Physical Fitness: Trying to tone. I can get to the gym, but not seeing results gets frustrating!
    -Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt, etc): Stress and not sleeping enough are big ones for me. Also, associating how I look with the relationships I have with men... I'm I have issues with my body image when dating! :(
    -What you want to accomplish by New Years. How do you want your life to be different by then? I would love to be more fit and tone! Also gain some self confidence, and really step up to work for what I want in life.
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just send a freind request with same information

Name: JimLocation: Las Vegas, NV
    Current Weight: 203
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 175

--Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt, etc): In the middle of a divorce that I don't want

what I want to accomplish by New Years. Want to feel good about myself again
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options
    no probs thought i better get it in pounds! lol
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am scared to commit but I have to so I can do it ... so I am in!

Name: Loredana
    Current Weight: 168 lbs.
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 155 lbs

Diet: To stop binge eating and control myself at dinner time. That's usually when all bets are off and I sabotage my diet
    Physical Fitness : To increase my swimming resistance and swim a mile (1650 yards) in 35 min.
    Everyday Life: I know it's petty but I would love to get my kids to brush their teeth twice a day (they are 7 and 4 only :)) and be able to read to them every night as I should. I am sure all working moms out there understand how hard sometimes these little tasks are.

To answer your question, I think we should probably put our progress in your blog rather then on the open forum ... it's more intimate.
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes please!

Name: Lori
    Current Weight: 274.5
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 250

-Diet: Staying on track - I have the tendency for all-or-nothing thinking. I either do great, or I eat nothing but crap.
    -Physical Fitness: Pretty much everything. I have to force myself.
    -Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt, etc): Procrastinating, always running late, disorganization, too much debt...
    I want to lose 24.5 pounds by New Year's (would love to see more, but I'm being realistic with the holidays in there), be more punctual, more organized, and less in debt.
  • AMoore33
    AMoore33 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

Name: Angela
    Current Weight: 164
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 150

-Diet: Staying under on carbs. I do well with calories but always seem to load up on these!
    -Physical Fitness: Making time to fit in fitness.
    -Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt, etc): I never seem to get enough rest. I sleep less than 5 good hours a night. And I take on WAYYYY too much.
    I want to be more confident about my self-image. I keep thinking and referring to the way "I used to be" and that's no way to view myself. I want to be proud of the way I look and feel NOW, not 7 or 8 years ago.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!

Name: PJ
    Current Weight: 225
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 180

-Diet: Sweets are my weakness and I have a hard time saying no.
    -Physical Fitness: Finding time to exercise because of a crazy schedule.
    -Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt, etc): I am always running late too. And I have a lot of work stress now.
    I would like to lose more, but regardless, I've promised myself that as soon as I hit ONEderland, I will force myself to start dating again.
  • deb_sully
    Options
    I would like to take this challenge if there is still room for one more. I hope I can keep up with the message forum and everything because I have a LOT ON MY PLATE!!! No pun intended. :)

Name: Debbie Sullivan
    Current Weight: 184
    Height: 5'6"
    Goal weight: 140

Struggle with: the chocolate and sodas that hubby brings home to show me he loves me! :ohwell: ( Even when I ask him not too). I'm not a big snacker but I love my carbs!!! Big downfall. I very often sit down to a meal and eat far too much. That is a much bigger struggle for me than snacks. Food, in general, is my struggle. I LOVE IT! But then again, that's why we're all here, isn't it?
  • carolmmd
    Options
    I'd love to join!

Name: Carol
    Current Weight: 180
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 165

-Diet: Snacking plus too many carbs and too much sodium
    -Physical Fitness: Getting out to exercise after working all day
    -Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt, etc): Stress at work.
    I would like to be down 15 lbs by the new year and keep it off this time. Want to stay with my new eating habits and stop thinking of it as a diet and more of a lifestyle change.
  • mh4611
    Options
    Name: Mallory
    Current Weight: 180
    Goal Weight by January 1st, 2012: 150

-Diet: Staying within my calorie goal esp. on weekends or when I'm visiting family. If I make a little slip I seem to throw the whole day away instead of getting back on track
    -Physical Fitness: Getting to the gym
    -Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt, etc): I need to follow through with things more often, get organized, and work on my sleep schedule
    I want to lose 30 pounds. I want to make exercise and eating right a way of life. I want to feel good about myself and stop obsessing about my weight.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey Julie ~ did I make the cut??? I would love to join - however I spend alittle too much time on MFP:huh: But the support is amazing and really helpful!

Judy
    Los Angeles, CAlif
    CW 190.3 finally had a loss :bigsmile:
    Goal Jan 1 175

Diet ~ WINE, which I have cut back on the past 2 months :sad: But it's all good
    Physical ~ Doing GREAT here, been hitting the gym the past 2 months 5-6 days a week, also joined a running group to learn to run for longer than 2 mins, tried spin at the gym, like it. I want to stay in this zone, hoping to get support on that and help others get moving!
    Everyday ~ I sell food for a living :huh: So I am around pizza, cheese cake pastas, cookies, fried foods, must I go on! I have been in the right frame of mind for the past 2 months, I need to stay here and I am taking it one day at a time!!!! Also having teenagers can drive me to eat and drink :laugh:
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I can definitely use a challenge like this!!

Name: Charmaine
    Current 174.6
    GW by Jan. 1st 135

What I struggle with?

-Diet: I struggle with taking the time and logging my food so this will be a good wway for me to work on that again.
    -Physical Fitness: I am a all or nothing person so when I start a program and when I have to miss I get discouraged and feel like I have failed myself.
    -Everyday Life (Stress, Not Sleeping Enough, Guilt) I have been really stressed out lately I really think that has been part of my issue with weight loss. Also I am not sleeping well lately I wake up and have to watch tv for awhile before I can get back to sleep!!
    I want to be down to my goal and only have to work on maintaining it in the New Year not making another New Year's resolution of losing weight. I want to have a healthier overall diet and limit my junk intake. Stop spending extra money on fast food. Just be and overall healthy person and know that it doesn't mean perfect I will settle for 85% healthy I may have a few off days here and there....
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options
    So far we have 16 ladies, only 4 more and we will close the team. : )