Tummy tuck surgery

Options
Has anyone out there had a tummy tuck that could share their experience with me? I am having one in a week and a half, and I am getting nervous because I really don't know what to expect.

Replies

• smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oh I so want details and to track your progress.
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    I've seriously considered it so would be interested to read your story x
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I had the surgery about a year and a half ago. I have a link to my blog on my profile documenting my journey. I haven't updated in a year or so because I really don't have any news to report! After I shed these last 5lbs I'll post new photos. Good luck!
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just bumping so I can read the answers. I know there are quite of MFPs that have done this.
  • HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would so love to have that done...I mean, I'd rather have loose skin in my tummy than have it pushed out from all the fat underneath but it groses me out when i do pushups and I can see the skin hanging down there...lol Best of luck you!!!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law had one and it did not go well. She was overweight and had out of control diabetes though, which caused her not heal. She basically had an open wound and no belly button for almost a year.
  • mjemerson
    Options
    I had the surgery about a year and a half ago. I have a link to my blog on my profile documenting my journey. I haven't updated in a year or so because I really don't have any news to report! After I shed these last 5lbs I'll post new photos. Good luck!
    Thais for the info I will check it out!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You should check out www.realself.com There are tons of pictures and info from people who have gotten one
  • supergirlsu
    Options

Just had a read of your blog. Wow, results look good, really makes me want one but I'm awful with pain and also very squeamish (nit sure if I spelt that right) so the drains/scar would make my feel ill. But to loose the awful saggy part of my belly would be amazing.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    The drugs help with the pain :) My results & experience are not the typical. I had a hematoma & had to have a second surgery (the first time my doctor ever had such a case) but if it was not for that everything would have been great! I had the second surgery just a couple weeks after the initial & felt AMAZING afterwards & was way more mobile, which is how I've been told it is the first way around. Join makemeheal.com. It's a great network of people going through the same surgery or in the process of healing. It's a great support system & place to ask "is this normal?" haha.
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery!! I really want to get one and hope to be able to get it done next year. Please keep us updated I would love to hear how everything goes. I'm going to send a friend request right now so I can stay in touch with you.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I had a modified tuck about 4 years ago. I needed very little muscle repair, but I had a very large pannus from close pregnancies that I wanted to have lopped off. I only have about 2 inches of internal stitching and none of the skin stretching that a full tuck uses. They pretty much just cut out the extra skin.

Overall, I think I look a lot better than I would if I hadn't had the surgery, but I don't have a "tight" abdomen because I went for the modified. Pain wise, it wasn't bad. I was up and grocery shopping within a week. I think the drains and the swelling were the worst parts.

Be prepared to wait up to a year to see your final result. Swelling can be a real issue. I found Bromelain supplements to help on my worst days.
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    The drugs help with the pain :) My results & experience are not the typical. I had a hematoma & had to have a second surgery (the first time my doctor ever had such a case) but if it was not for that everything would have been great! I had the second surgery just a couple weeks after the initial & felt AMAZING afterwards & was way more mobile, which is how I've been told it is the first way around. Join makemeheal.com. It's a great network of people going through the same surgery or in the process of healing. It's a great support system & place to ask "is this normal?" haha.

Yeah am sure everyone's experiences are different. My "saggy area" isn't as bad as it could be so I think I need to try some toning first and if if that doesn't work then look at surgery.