Chronicles of MFP members distracted at work

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
**today instead of my usual goodbye, I said "bye bye now". Fantastic I sound like a twit
**my excel autosave is very unreliable, I often email myself stuff

you know the drill, add your own

Replies

• SkinnyMamaG
    Options
    I am a mommy to five young children. One day, after giving a member of my staff instructions, I said, "Thanks, Sugar Foot." She giggled & replied, "No problem, Sunshine."
  • josaleigh
    Options
    Told a publisher "I Love You" before hanging up the phone...oops.
  • jakecan4sure
    Options
    what's wrong with "bye bye now"?
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I got some action items for a project when I wasn't paying attention on a conference call because I was poking around here.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options

LOL - that stinks.
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options

I have almost done that SO many times! I have accidentally said it to my male friends though and they're like um...what?
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    It doesn't sound all that professional.

I don't want people to think I have my shoes off under my desk(I do).
  • SkinnyMamaG
    Options

LOL @ "shoes off under my desk." Me, too! Almost always!
  • josaleigh
    Options

I totally have my shoes off..and a golf ball under my right foot. It helps with foot pain...no really! Ok, Maybe it doubles as a way to entertain my feet. :blushing:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

I once told my ex-husband that, accidentally, like out of habit - separation was fairly new, but still..... I left him.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I work the front desk. I answered the phone while reading MFP newsfeed "Good Morning CA......." (mind blank pause)......"Management" (not where I work).

Thankfully it was just one of the guys who laughed and said "Forget where you were for a minute there, Joy?"

Yes... Yes I did :blushing:
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

Boss: Can you come see me..

me: umm just one second, please!

then I slide shoes back on lol
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I work the front desk. I answered the phone while reading MFP newsfeed "Good Morning CA......." (mind blank pause)......"Management" (not where I work).

Thankfully it was just one of the guys who laughed and said "Forget where you were for a minute there, Joy?"

Yes... Yes I did :blushing:

On of the companies I answer phones for is "Cyberex" another is "Exotic Stones" I regularly botch them...most often I do this on Vio Fridays...I think there is a connection.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Boss: Can you come see me..

me: umm just one second, please!

then I slide shoes back on lol

I used to do that all the time at my old job, now I have to wear work boots its a little more difficult lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This is not really a work story, but it happened just now, while working from home. The missionaries from the church I grew up in came by. I'm not active in that church anymore, but I feel no offense at them stopping by from time to time to see how I'm doing. These were newly assigned and were very cool. We started talking about all kinds of things. But I found myself wanting to cuss. I had to pause a couple times b/c my mouth wanted to cuss but my brain wouldn't allow it. I'm glad I didn't let one slip.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i spend probably 6 out of 8 hours at work logged in on my phone, and mind you i dont have the app on my phone so i'm using the mobile web browsing the forums and all that stuff. thats why often when i post there is a period between every other word because the period is so close to space bar
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stay off the forums today, and was working with a band saw. Lost both hands. I'm typing this my nose.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I just don't work any more. Makes the days drag, but it keeps me from screwing something up because I'm distracted.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I answered a bug report with "try eating back your exercise calories or at least half".