52 and lost motivation

Options
I’m trying to lose weight but have lost my motivation. I kept off 30 pounds for over a year and have gained all back plus some. Hard to do on your own.

Replies

• RobertJVIII
    RobertJVIII Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome to MFP. Stay motivated. You owe you the best part of you. Just keep showing up.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Getting that switch to flip in one's head and stay flipped is definitely a key success factor. MFP helped me be successful, but I have no idea what changed that made me commit, and stay committed. If I knew, I'd bottle and sell it, make millions! ;)

I hope you can find your personal formula this time to reach your goal weight, and find the relatively-easy new habits that will keep you there long term almost on autopilot. As I'm sure you know, quality of life tends to be better at/near that goal weight.

Best wishes!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Serial restarter here ….I find it difficult to be consistent! Started journaling to give me some space to think & reflect. At mo,I am trying to remind myself how much I feel better by eating healthier food & getting some exercise in…. Good luck @lesley2523…we can do this!