Replies

• LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    awesome! what was it?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Are you asking for ours, or trying to tell us about yours?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    If you're asking about ours -- I'm so glad you asked! I've been on MFP for nearly 10 years, and a couple of years back MFP told us they were going to wipe out our old data (unless we signed up for premium, I think), but that we could export it. I didn't export it, and I'm sure it disappeared, but now it's back!

So I can report that my first homemade meal while I was on MFP was a 650 calorie dinner consisting of couscous (65 g dried) topped with a frozen veggie medley of carrots, sugar snap peas, black beans, and edamame in butter sauce, some sauteed shallots, and an egg (probably fried, as I logged both butter and oil, I'm guessing I cooked the egg in butter and the shallots in oil). I also had 4 fluid oz of orange (in those days I often drank it diluted with water; I don't do that as often these days).

I'm calling that "homemade" despite the frozen veggies. Part of the reason I gained so much weight in the first place was a demanding job with long hours and an hour+ commute that left me without the time/energy/desire to really cook from scratch, much less exercise regularly.

ETA: It doesn't have to be homemade to be healthy or fit your calorie goals.
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yum!

*think* frozen veggies are an awesome alternative for when fresh are not available. i keep a variety on hand for all sorts of meals.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love making homemade meals. I've been making soups with whatever veg I have, so flavours vary.
    Pasta with pasta sauce and lots of veg.
    Usually batch cook and freeze them for those quick grab days.
    I use the recipe tool on here which helps.