Hello All 🥳

My name is Jarod and I am an aspiring MyFitnessPal diehard. I have used it with inconsistency over the past year and would love some support 😊 No better time than the present!

Replies

• sunshineekg
    sunshineekg Posts: 24 Member
    Hey welcome to my fitness pal. I'm also an inconsistent user. I have the habit of loosing 5lbs then quitting. Trying to loose 40lbs this time so I feel confident about myself again. Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,306 Member
    So what would it take to turn it into consistency? Sit down and analyze and write it down. Create a plan. Hang it on your mirror.

What can you do to swing your behavior to the consistency side of the equation?

As cornball as it sounds, I hung a dress that was many, MANY sizes too small in my closet, sideways, so I had to move it to get to my clothes for the day, every day for months.

Beleive it or not, that simple reminder was very effective for me.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Hey Jarod, as I'm sure you've probably heard/read/been told, consistency is key. Is it actually tracking/logging where you fall off, or....? Any idea WHY? I mean, do you get bored with it, frustrated, get busy during the day and then once you're in bed you go "OH $h*T! I forgot!" or what?