Intermittent fasting

Options
stackztootrill
stackztootrill Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Any of y’all have any experience with it? I’ve been doing it faithfully a few weeks now

Replies

• recover808
    recover808 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did it almost everyday for a about 6 months about 2 yrs ago. I liked it but found that if i surf for a couple of hours in the morning and dont eat right away afterwards the rest of my day was pretty shot. I will still do it a couple of times a week just not every day anymore and feel great when doing so
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    It's personal preference. Your body weight will be determined by overall weekly calorie intake and not by meal timing. If IF causes you to take in fewer calories then it works.
  • noodlesno
    noodlesno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So I have experienced with it. Firstly in lockdown (I mean what else was there to do!!) My eating window was after 12pm till 8pm. I was unrestricted during the window. It did not go well. I was binge eating at 12 as I was so hungry I couldn't even think and after two month lost my period which took me a long time to get back. I was not weighing myself at the time so no idea if I lost that much weight. Of course I then decided it wasn't for me.

However, the story doesn't end there. I decided at the end of Dec I wanted to shape shift again to help some training I was doing in the gym. Also none of my clothes for after a horrible injury that had me out of full training for almost a year so the weight has creeped on.

This time there were no rules other than a deficit, hitting 130g protein and my fibre goal. Otherwise time and type of food was all on the table (literally!). However, I wanted to try and understand my needs and wants so I decided to only eat when I was hungry. So I set no plan of how many meals and at what times, I let my body decide. After 4 months I have come to a regular pattern. Turns out my body LOVES interminat fasting but my feeding window is from when I get back from my dog walk (9ish usually) to 3pm. I have no desire for any food after this time. I eat the biggest meal first thing and then another big meal at 2/3 ish and few snacks in between and I am happy. My body has never felt so good. The weigh is dropping off and I never feel like I am really hungry or deprived. I did not plan to be a faster and I certainly have no rules that I can't eat after 3pm, I am just giving the body what it wants.

So it goes to show experimenting works and what worked for me maybe horrific for someone else.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I IF most days. I eat an early dinner and then fast about 14 hrs then start my day with coffee and then brunch and then a mid day meal and then an early dinner.. I have found it very helpful in controlling night time eating and reducing my caloric intake. Recommended by my physicians.