Friday Mini Challenge

Options
Friday Mini Challenge

Good Morning Everyone! As most of you know Charger is on a well deserved vacation and I have offered to help keep the challenges up while he relaxes! So let’s get started and kick this fat out the door!!!

Today's Challenge is: Jogging Stairs

Let’s shoot for 200 stairs!

This challenge is pretty simple…all you do is run up (or jog up) 200 steps. You only count each step that you take going up! Do not count the steps going back down.

No excuses of not having a flight of stairs near you—FIND SOME!! Use a street curb, the 3 steps going up to your door, the mall, anything! We can do this people!

You can break them up throughout the day or do them all at once…You have until midnight to get them done.

If you can't do 200 steps, then do what you can. Remember to push yourself -- This is a challenge, so challenge your body!!! Report back when you are done and let us know how you did.

Make sure you stretch and have fun doing them.

Replies

• kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Im in. Will report back later today.
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Wasn't planning on going to the gym today, but I can to this at home. 200 Steps here I come!!!!!!
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    IM SO IN> CRUSHING IT!!!
  • mfastdriver123
    Options
    I'm in. We have plenty of stairs at work.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I live in a 5-storey building with a lift (to go back down). I'll report back in later
  • richcat22
    Options
    I am going to take on this challenge, I doubt 200, but will push myself to do as many as I can! Will post my results tomorrow :smile:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    i'm going to try calf raises on this one instead... stairs are still a little bit too much so since i'm allowed to do calf raises to strengthen that is what i shall do
  • mechellmabelle
    Options
    Yay! I did my first Friday Mini Challenge!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    DONE! thats only abotu 12.5 minutes on the stair stepper :)
  • mechellmabelle
    Options
    In all fairness, I live at the top of 20 stairs, and I get at least 200 by 8 in the morning! ;)
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Done! I think I might do more later or do the 200 more often cuz it felt great! When I first started working out I would just jog (ok, mostly walk) the stairs for 10 minutes so today I got to see how far I've really come. Thanks Crystal!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here live in the Chicago area? Have you heard or done the "Hustle Up The Hancock" challenge? I want to do the challenge in 2012. You have to run/walk up 94 flights of stairs in the John Hancock building. So, this mini challenge would be good practice!

Just did 100 as fast as I could. WOW -- heart is pounding. LOL. I estimate the "Hustle" challenge will be approximately 2,200 stairs? Does anyone know how many stairs in 94 flights? I seriously may want to do these stair exercises every day to get ready.

Just did the remaining 100. I definitely need to add stairs into my daily work out routine. Still breathing heavy! LOL.
  • mfastdriver123
    Options
    I did it!! Well, walked it. But, I walked it in 8 min. For me that is HUGE!!! 10 floors worth!! Last time i tried it I took 30 min. Yay!!!
  • secondsisof7
    secondsisof7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did it! I broke the 200 into four sets and did them as they fit into my day. Great excuse to get off my butt and move.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    All of you are AWESOME!!! I did mine for a total of 9 minutes--204 stairs to be exact.

joakool--I have heard of the Hustle Up and give you kudos for wanting to do it!
    mfastdriver123--you walked it in 8 minutes? Geez, you got my beat! You should feel very proud!
    secondsisof7--It is a great way to get off all of our butts and put our bodies in motion! Way to go!
    thedestar--did you do more then the 200? Good job either way!
    mechellmabelle--did you run up them though? I go up stairs all day with doing laundry and taking care of puppies, but running/jogging them really kicks my butt in a totally different way!

GREAT JOB to anyone that I may have missed! You all are inspiring! See you tomorrow :smile:
  • richcat22
    Options
    I MET THE CHALLENGE!!! ACTUALLY DID 214 STAIRS (NOT ALL TOGETHER, AT WORK AND MY JOB JUST WON'T PERMIT IT).
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I did it....250 stairs.....hehehehe that was fun
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Got in 210 calf raises today