Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm goin balls to the wall...

on the sushi tonight!

Any pointers on how to count it?

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to give myself atleast 1,000 calories to spend, but I'm sure I'll go over.

I'm big on Nigiri. Seems simple to count being its just a slab of fish and a hunk of rice, but I usually go wild if I see a roll ive never tried.

What should I be looking out for? Never really thought about it before

Vince

Replies

• Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    ***WARNING*** The rice is what's going to do you in! As long as you're prepared, go for it!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    Watch the spicy sauce it mayo based and packs a ton of cals. I love sushi so i try to aviod anything that says spicy sauce and just use washabi
  • hmm.. this is true. I havent eated white rice forever...

yes, I'm not a fan of those cream sauces either... hmm
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    sashimi and not the rice.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Brown rice sushi is a healthy option.
  • Anything tempura is fried, so, pass on that! Also, just ask them to "hold the sauce". Sometimes I get a roll that from the menu didn't seem like it would have sauce, but then when I get my roll...sauce! And its usually mayo-based, so again, pass on those. You can get brown rice, if you ask for it, or get sashimi...which is just the fish, no rice underneath. Usually when I go I get a seaweed salad, 1 roll, and 2 pieces of sashimi. Fills me up, and I don't go over my calories :)

• You're welcome. The FH and I had sushi for lunch today. I usually start with Miso soup or seaweed salad to fill me up, then hit the Sashimi hard! :wink:
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    sashimi and not the rice.

This!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sashimi (damn I went all Homer there)
  • OH MY GOSH......I LOVE SUSHI!!!! ENJOY! I agree...the rice is what does you in.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    I try to avoid eel as well due to the sauce.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    A standard sushi cheat outing for me, during which I avoid creamy sauces and any rolls with fried stuff in 'em usually hits around 1200-1400 calories. That goes higher, obviously, if I add in fried stuff. But that's to get me actually full. My last sushi outing had a couple of fried items and I wasn't full at the end and it came out to just over 1000.

The main thing to beware of is the sodium. Miso is basically all sodium and anything with imitation crab meat is also gonna be super high.
  • all really good advice. thanks all :)
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Brown rice sushi is a healthy option.

thats just wrong...................................