Permanent Eyeliner

rachelboddy
rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
Ok ladies, anyone done this? I'm covered in tattoos, but I'm fair skin and clueless about hair and makeup, and sick of trying to put eyeliner on. I'm thinking of getting the top of my lids done so I won't have to worry about it. I understand they will swell for a couple days, and I'm fine with all that. I just want to know if anyone has great stories about theirs or nightmare stories?

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    I thought about doing this back when I was gonna bust into the Rock Music industry.

I ended up taking Culinary instead.

Boy, would I have looked silly....
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Ok ladies, anyone done this? I'm covered in tattoos, but I'm fair skin and clueless about hair and makeup, and sick of trying to put eyeliner on. I'm thinking of getting the top of my lids done so I won't have to worry about it. I understand they will swell for a couple days, and I'm fine with all that. I just want to know if anyone has great stories about theirs or nightmare stories?

crazy enough...i've actually thought about this...if it's anything like the tatted eyebrows i've seem..i'll pass
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    i wouldnt.....eyeliner is too easy to put on...plus if its ****ed up...then..your screwed
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Personally I would never tattoo my face. There are a ton of quick an easy ways to do eyeliner without having the possibility of ruining your eyes :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I have not done it, and I don't like the idea of it. I am a self-proclaimed makeup *kitten* though, and do all kinds of crazy things to my face every day. I mean, if you like wearing makeup, then take ten minutes to throw on a little eyeliner and mascara, you know? Youtube has a lot of great videos to give you tips and tricks to do your makeup, make it go faster, look flawless with little effort, etc.
  • Ok ladies, anyone done this? I'm covered in tattoos, but I'm fair skin and clueless about hair and makeup, and sick of trying to put eyeliner on. I'm thinking of getting the top of my lids done so I won't have to worry about it. I understand they will swell for a couple days, and I'm fine with all that. I just want to know if anyone has great stories about theirs or nightmare stories?

I don't think I'd do it. Yeah, it's easy, but it kind of holds you back. If you ever want to try a new look, or look more natural, you're kind of stuck. Plus, I think it'd look weird as skin ages, but who knows. It seems scary to have a tattoo gun so close to your eye, lol. :tongue:
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    My mom and her best friend were in a horrible car accident when I was a toddler...my mom's friend now has issues with her hands...they shake horribly from the nerve damage. She always loved wearing makeup and was sad that she couldn't put on her eyeliner anymore, so she had it done. It looks totally natural, no crazy cat-eyes or anything like that...she said it didn't hurt too badly either!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    My mom did it... It looks great and she loves it
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    And take away the fun that is putting on my makeup? No way, man. But I have nothing against it.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    My husbands aunt has it done and she loves it. It looks like she applied it that day, everyday. She just looks funny when she gets out of the shower with a clean face and eyeliner lol
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    My husbands aunt has it done and she loves it. It looks like she applied it that day, everyday. She just looks funny when she gets out of the shower with a clean face and eyeliner lol

LOL, why are you watching your husband's aunt when she gets out of the shower in the first place?! :wink:
  • Guess I am in the minority. I did mine almost 2 years ago, both top and bottom lids, and LOVE it! Wear contact lenses and have never been able to wear eye liner without it irritating them, no longer an issue. Looks very natural (I was afraid it wouldn't) and good either with or wthout mascara. Just be sure you use someone reputable and with lots of experience!
  • DON'T DO IT!! Just a simple thing, like wanting to change your hair color can make you regret permanent makeup. If the lines are too thick, too thin, ect, its permanent (and in the middle of your face). I have only seen a couple of good ones in my time, but mostly it just looks like, well, someone tattooed your eyeliner on.

If you are going to do it, please, please, please do a ton of research. Look at portfolios. Ask if the "after" photos are taken a year or later, or if the after photo is a couple weeks later/just after the swelling goes down.

Just like regular tattoos, you get what you pay for. Also, most professional tattoo artists don't do permanent makeup, the people that "specialize" in it have not had a tattoo apprenticeship. Hepatitis is not a pretty thing! Make sure they are educated in sterilizing (not sanitizing) equipment, blood borne pathogens and infection control. If they don't have an autoclave that is spore tested, and can show you the results, get out of there!

I suck at hair and makeup too. Best thing I ever did was talk to a makeup artist from MAC and she showed me in steps how to apply it and then wrote it down for me so I could practice at home. Try that first and see if it helps.
  • Eeeeeeek!!! I wouldnt do it!!! What if they mess it up? I am sure your style has changed alot over the years and as you know with tattoos they are forever. Or what of they some how hit your eye? :noway: Go to a quality makeup counter, I like M.A.C. alot, and have them show you how to put eyeliner on. Especially if your buying. I find when I am cheap with makeup it doesn't go one as smooth and turns out like crap.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    I have done it. What they did was called "lash enhancement". She did a thin line on the lash line to make my lashes more noticeable. It wasn't a big deal. I would exercise caution with making it too thick or dramatic because you will be living with it a long time and I would also research on the technition before chosing one. I work in the spa industry and had a client in yesterday that had her eyebrows done and I thought how horrible and fake they looked. Who ever did hers did a terrible job, but that was eyebrows which are much more noticeable.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    nooooooo

thats just so silly. and what happens when you start to get all wrinkly?

and and...eyelids are thin. OW.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    btw, a good technician will fold your lids around in such a way that your eyeball is not exposed so hitting the the eyeball is not possible. just fyi
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    I thought about doing this back when I was gonna bust into the Rock Music industry.

I ended up taking Culinary instead.

Boy, would I have looked silly....

You totally lucked out.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    btw, a good technician will fold your lids around in such a way that your eyeball is not exposed so hitting the the eyeball is not possible. just fyi

I do not care for having my lids folded. Gross!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    I loved the idea of makeup, but was totally clueless on how to do it right. I found makeupgeek.com and never looked back!

Plus, the girl who does the main tutorials just lost 90 lbs with diet and exercise! Talk about a role model!