Paleo/Primal

Options
I'm NOT new here, been a member since 2009, but I recently started eating primal/paleo and I'm looking for friends on here that eat the same way. Women only please. :)

Replies

• Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    add me, day 3 of 30 day challenge
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Another Paleo / Primal person here too. I am nearing the end of Whole 30, 30 day challenge. I have dropped a size in jeans since September 1.
  • mj_zepeda
    mj_zepeda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am really interested! I want to start PB next week.... and I was also looking for someone who would like to start with me and help each other on the journey!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am really interested! I want to start PB next week.... and I was also looking for someone who would like to start with me and help each other on the journey!

I'm on day 6, so I dont know alot, and I'm not doing Paleo 100%. I'll send you a request. I'm also in some great groups on FB that I've learned alot from. If you're interested. :)
  • mj_zepeda
    Options

I'm on day 6, so I dont know alot, and I'm not doing Paleo 100%. I'll send you a request. I'm also in some great groups on FB that I've learned alot from. If you're interested. :)

How have you been feeling about it so far??? well, I don't know about it either. I read about it last night, and I am still trying to learn about it...I guess it is kind of hard to STOP eating grains, mostly if you are a CARB fan as I am. hehe but with some help I hope it turns out easier!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

How have you been feeling about it so far??? well, I don't know about it either. I read about it last night, and I am still trying to learn about it...I guess it is kind of hard to STOP eating grains, mostly if you are a CARB fan as I am. hehe but with some help I hope it turns out easier!

It is not hard to stop eating grains when it makes you feel better................
  • TattooedMommy427
    Options
    The first 4 days I was DEAD tired. I could hardly function. (Carb Flu) and I had leg cramps. Now I feel SO much better, but still have some cravings. I'm trying to learn other foods so I dont get board, to cook.
  • mj_zepeda
    Options

It is not hard to stop eating grains when it makes you feel better................

I am a CARB lover.. I have a tough sweet tooth. I love sweets.... cakes, muffins, cookies, cereals, bread in general. It just makes me SMILE when I have a piece of chocolate! I don't know how can you feel BETTER when you stop eating grains though. haha I hope I can experiment that feeling!

I have decided to make a change because I have been maintaining my calorie intake in between 1200 and 1500 as MFP suggested ... and exercising at least 4-5 times a week, but I have not seen results on my scale. :( so that makes me want to quit this calorie counting thing. I did lose some inches though, and 1% body fat the last month... but I am still wanting to see changes on the scale.
    2 days ago I heard for the first time about this PRIMAL-PALEO diet.. and I hope I can handle it! I will need some help ladies!! we all will get to our goals :)
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've been doimg paleo since mid March ... feel free to friend me. My diary is open and if any questions just ask. My experience is covered in my profile.

Coming from someone who used to bake bread and pasta and anything baked for that matter, I can tell you that it doesn't take long for the craving for grain based foods to go away. What's difficult is the pervasiveness of it and the opposition from friends, family, and even total strangers who feel free to offer their opinion that what you're eating is inadequate unless served on a bun.
  • TattooedMommy427
    Options
    I've been doimg paleo since mid March ... feel free to friend me. My diary is open and if any questions just ask. My experience is covered in my profile.

Coming from someone who used to bake bread and pasta and anything baked for that matter, I can tell you that it doesn't take long for the craving for grain based foods to go away. What's difficult is the pervasiveness of it and the opposition from friends, family, and even total strangers who feel free to offer their opinion that what you're eating is inadequate unless served on a bun.

YAY! Sending you a request.
  • mj_zepeda
    Options

I will add you too!!!!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm a Primal girl :) Anyone on here, please feel free to add me - just beware of the haters!
  • TattooedMommy427
    Options
    adding you!
  • attachedmama
    attachedmama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am primal, too. I went 99% primal in May. (I do have honey in tea, and I do sometimes eat ketchup LOL) I just joined here because I was curious to track my carb/fats/protein ratios. I probably won't be an "active" member for long, just getting some numbers down. You are welcome to check out my food logs for primal ideas :)
  • PrincessBTits
    Options
    I'm just starting (today is day 2) on the advice of my trainer. Feel free to add me!
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Would be interested in support on a 30 day challenge, too!