My getting fit fear

Options
I know this is weird and irrational, but I have this huge fear of getting giant calves! I have "skinny girl" calves and pretty thin thighs. all my fat rests in my belly. I know a few girls who are a bit more fit than me and honestly, I am terrified of getting calves like them! I know it's an awful thing to say, but I'd rather have muscly arms than legs. My legs are already super strong; I just hope they don't get any bigger!

So does anyone else have an irrational fear about getting fit or losing weight?

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm going to be too sexy for this party.
  • annika27
    Options
    I have always had really muscley calves. They look ok on me now because I am big, but I do wonder what they will look like when I lose weight. I have a bigger frame, so I hope I don't look too scary!
    I am worried about my arms looking weird. Like on the Biggest Loser, the women who lose a ton of weight have flabby arms. I know I am not losing weight as fast, but what if that happens to me?! My dad has lost 40 lbs and it is already happening to him.
  • CarlaC78
    Options
    I have big calves now :( Bought an exercise bike a year ago and they have gotten 2 inches bigger!!!!! Cant not use it though cos it cost a lot of money and I can run up flights of stairs without being knackered at the top :D

My fear is that I will look like a pyramid.....I am pear shaped and my top half is vanishing and my bottom half really isnt :( Hating the weight loss from my boobies and worried I'm going to look all manly!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    If you have naturally slender legs it is unlikely that they'll get huge!!
  • alissa0312
    Options
    I am heavier now and I have always had very large calves. They do get smaller when I am thinner but are much larger then most girls I know. I love them. If you have muscle they don't jiggle and I get a lot of compliments.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I think you can ask pretty much any guy (or lady) who has tried to get bigger muscles and you will find that it is unlikely to happen accidentally. When I am in better shape, my muscles have only ever gotten more dense and more defined, not bigger (because I haven't tried to get them bigger).
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    If you already have small thighs they probably wont gtet too much bigger unless you are building them up.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    And hey, If you do get fitter and find out you hate how your body looks (unlikely), you can just stop exercising and it'll go back to how it was! :happy:
  • redhead91
    Options
    And hey, If you do get fitter and find out you hate how your body looks (unlikely), you can just stop exercising and it'll go back to how it was! :happy:

Haha so true. I know it's completely stupid and probably won't happen. It's just this weird irrational thing for me.
  • Keep in mind that the best accessory you can have for high heels is shapely calves.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    357ocie.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/357ocie.jpg

*Edit for link to whole pic
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    cut calves are sexy. they won't grow if you aren't trying to build them.