Eating in Public :noway:

Options
2»

Replies

• rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying...when you are overweight people are always looking at what you're eating and judging you by it. If you are eating healthy they assume you are on a diet and approve, but God forbid you are having a small treat and they instantly come to the conclusion that is why you are overweight.

I say 'screw them!' When I was very overweight on of my favorite things to do was go out with my friends or family to eat. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks..you name it! Now we still go out, but I make healthy choices and save the sweet treats for at home or special events.
  • catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This makes me think, so thank you for posting. In Nov of 2010 I joined a group that assigned a food plan to me. I had lapsed into depression and anxiety and had been living on mac and cheese for about a year before that so eating three meals with a variety of foods was a challenge. For the first 5 months of the plan I ate alone, at home or in my car, that's another story, and I ate with my fingers. It was a sensory issue and I do have an eating disorder, so it was easier to eat if I did not use utensils. I started dating in March and I took my dinner with me one night and ate cross legged, in the chair, with my fingers. Bob didn't say a word as he watched me but I was uncomfortable and asked him to not look at me while I ate or I would have to leave. Since then he has come to understand my issues around food, as have I, and only when I am under extreme stress do I revert back to that. I now sit in a chair, feet on the floor, and I use a fork and spoon appropriately. I'm not really uncomfortable in front of people when I eat anymore, but I am always aware, and for Bob's sake, I try not to embarrass him when we eat in public.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My best friend, who is much thicker than me, always tries to eat like a baby rabbit in from of me. I know she has to be starving because I am. I think she feels insecure around me, but I don’t know what to do. I’ll take any suggestion on what to say or do…
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying...when you are overweight people are always looking at what you're eating and judging you by it. If you are eating healthy they assume you are on a diet and approve, but God forbid you are having a small treat and they instantly come to the conclusion that is why you are overweight.

I say 'screw them!' When I was very overweight on of my favorite things to do was go out with my friends or family to eat. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks..you name it! Now we still go out, but I make healthy choices and save the sweet treats for at home or special events.

Well said and good suggestion thanks.