Must succeed this time…

stacey4258
stacey4258 Posts: 11 Member
I feel as though my life depends on it. Day 1 went well though I feel like I can do a little better. Today I will succeed!!

Replies

• MyBodModProject
    MyBodModProject Posts: 255 Member
    Congrats on day 1!! Improve a little bit each day, or each week.

I can relate to your feeling, that success is imperative. For me, it's like a voice in the back of my head saying, ‘you really need to get back to a healthy lifestyle, or your going to be sliding down a slope you don’t want to go down.’

I’ll be cheering for you!

• bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    You can do this - best idea I have ever heard is saying - I just want to do this for today.....
    Have a clean and healthy day!
  • RaJulieMa
    RaJulieMa Posts: 5 Member
    Good start! Every day, every moment really, is a new chance.

I always struggle with feeling like a failure. If I have a rough day, or make bad decisions I feel like it's because I'm weak or not good enough, etc. and that I'm back at Step 1 and everything feels so overwhelming. My therapist has really helped me to reframe my thoughts: Essentially, every moment is another chance to make a good choice. So, if I overate or made a bad decision for lunch, that's okay. I made a bad choice, but I'm going to make a good choice next. Life is a series of millions of choices and I'm not always going to make the healthiest choice, but I'll forgive myself and tell myself that I'm strong and on a long journey and my next choice will be better.

And then follow through.

Give yourself grace and choose differently the next time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!