support!

Options
I just started this today and am looking for some support! Exercising is not to difficult for me but the diet is my biggest problem. I am always looking for somethng sweet. I am a carb addict, any advice out there?

Replies

• ashleythegreat
    ashleythegreat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also new on with this program and definitely have trouble staying away from sweets. One of the things that curb my sweet attacks are think thin bars - they're pretty much as close as a protein bar comes to a candy bar and at are a least a better alternative. Also I try to always have fruit at the house and at work - sometimes I can make myself eat that instead. And, last but not least, I always have a bunch of different flavors of gum. Ha, you wouldn't think it would work but, especially at work, it keeps me from pigging out sometimes.

Oh, and if I really need chocolate I go for the little fun sized ones instead of like a snickers or ben & jerry's.

Anyway, hope that helps. Good luck!
  • connieohle
    connieohle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks, I like the protein bar suggestion, will try that.
  • zoeysmom01
    zoeysmom01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For me, if I eat a little really good dark chocolate (like Black & Green's Organic Dark Choc), that satisfies my sweet tooth. I also love sweets, but as long as I stay away from processed foods, I can keep my sweet tooth at bay. I do follow the suggested calories and I have found that it really helps. I do log EVERYTHING. It drives my hubby crazy, but it has helped me to lose 10 lbs since August 2nd. Also, be sure to enjoy the positive feedback from the friends you add to your account, that really helps. I also do some form of physical activity everyday, most days is a 2 mile walk. Welcome and I hope you enjoy MFP as much as I have.
  • daves160
    Options
    Hi,

Try eating a high protein diet. Stay away from white potatoes, white rice, breads and white pasta.
    That will help keep the hungers away.
    The more you learn what good healthy foods to eat, the easier it gets.

It has been a good learning experience for me to find a good healthy diet, and eating habits, but it is paying off well.
  • jeffson30
    jeffson30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MAN, I'M FROM THE ISLANDS. I CANT GIVE UP MY RICE!!!!