how many pairs of running shoes

Options

Replies

• ChrisMcCaffrey
    ChrisMcCaffrey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    3 total. 2 acsics ds trainers :happy: and one pair of vibraums five fingers :bigsmile:
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1. Am I weird or something?

Guess I'm weird too....just 1.
    I am weird too 1 guess I need to go shopping !
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    1. Am I weird or something?

Guess I'm weird too....just 1.

Me too, but they're pretty beat so I think I'm going to be picking up another pair this weekend.
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    1, but they're 7 years old, and probably not the best thing for me to be running in....but I have no job and no money, so I'm making it work
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    2, but I really only use 1. After 6 months, I buy a new pair, the current one gets rotated to the back up and the back up gets donated to charity.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have 3, but only one that I actively use. The other two have been "retired" for yard work, etc. :-)
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    One pair and one old pair just for walking. Then 3 or 4 more old ones that I wear on occasion. :)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Two. One for the weekdays and one for the weekends when I do my long runs. They wear out about the same time that way. :)
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I currently have 4 pair, but I'm getting the 5th pair this weekend. I keep one old pair at my office for lunchtime runs/walks, and use another older pair for trail runs, because I do not want the newer ones to get dirty...lol. I rotate the others so they last longer. I also vary them depending on what type of run I am doing...less support for shorter runs, more support and cushioning for longer runs.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Normally, I only keep one pair a few months, but right now I have two. I typically buy Asics, but got Mizunos. They are okay, but I love my Asics so much I keep going back to them! :love: They just feel the best! Guess I should get me a new pair - of Asics!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    None! I hate running worse than death. Not so keen on walking either. I am so thankful for bicycles!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have one pair for running, and one pair that I wear to the gym....when the outdoor running shoes get worn down I swap them for the indoor ones and then buy a new pair to wear to the gym. I have a couple pairs of old ones that I keep around for walking the dog or doing things like Warrior Dashes. They were collecting old running shoes for charity at the Rock & Roll Marathon in June so I donated several pairs then.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Four.

One for the gym, never use them outside.

One for outside use, when I wear jeans or shorts.
    When the outside ones get old, they become grass cutting shoes.
    When the grass cutting shoes get old, they become "muck" or camping shoes. Shoes I'd use to visit my buddy's farm, or tar the driveway. After this, it's shoe heaven.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Much to my wife's dismay, there are upwards of a dozen pairs sitting around right now. I need to donate the old ones this weekend.
  • sarahkbarnes
    Options
    Just one. I wear them until there's nothing left! That's about all I can afford!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    1 use only for running, just ordered a 2nd pair to rotate in and out...and then I have 2 older pairs that I keep for day to day activities. 3 of those 4 are the same style of Saucony's.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    1 and recently wonder if it would be frivolous to pick up a 2nd pair.

They always seem to be at work when I want to hit the gym on a weekend and at home when I want to go workout at lunchtime during the week.
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    4 :

one pair of Brooks and one pair of Newtons that I rotate.
    one pair of Avi Bolt II lightweight trainers/racing shoes.
    one retired pair of Brooks I wear for yardwork.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Two - One Terra Plana Barefoot Vivo, for everything under 7 miles
    Nike Free for all runs over 7 miles.

My everyday shoes are "Earth" shoes which have negative heal drop to stretch the hams.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Much to my wife's dismay, there are upwards of a dozen pairs sitting around right now. I need to donate the old ones this weekend.

ROFL - Oh so happy to find a man with more shoes then me :)