Frustration

Options
I work out really hard and have been watching what I eat. The scale is going down, I'm looking better, and I have more stamina and endurance. But I can't help but to get frustrated at some people's natural metabolism and genes. My half sister eats TERRIBLE and doesn't exercise and can sport a bikini. lol Also my in laws are asian, cute as hell, and just naturally thin. My MIL tells me I should weigh 100 pounds. I can't imagine ever being so small. ha ha.
My goal weight is 150 and I'm getting there slow and steadily, but man sometimes I just feel like it's not fair (insert whiney voice). I swear if I eat a cheeseburger meal I gain 2 pounds it seems.
Do any of you deal with this? You're the fat family member or the fat friend even though you actually try?

Replies

• Jenatello
    Jenatello Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel this way all the time!! Also all of my friends (besides the ones that are doing MFP with me) are really thin and just look great all the time and they don't work out and eat whatever the heck they want. It makes me crazy.

My mom was big and so are a lot of my family members as well as my in-laws, but I am just tired of not liking who I see in the mirror everyday. It's not me. It's some fat girl who is sitting on the real me... :(

Everyone tells me I should weigh about 120lbs. WTH?! I think I would look like the walking dead if I were ever that small. I'm shooting for 170-185 (my pre-babies weight was 195). By then working out will just be a habit and I know I'll be setting a good example for my monkeys. :)
  • catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I first started my program in Nov of 2010 I could not imagine being 100 pounds, even though I am under 5 ft tall. I was 170, down from 185, and thought 120 was a nice goal. At 120 I thought 115 would be nice, then 110, and before I knew it I was 101, weight started shifting and I didn't look so "sickly." I fluctuate between 101 and 103 and I look and feel fantastic. I did it, YOU can to.... good luck to you.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It does seem unfair.... I hear you ......LOUD and clear. :sad: :laugh:
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I live in a family with people who don't have to do a damn thing to lose weight. I've got 2 brothers and 1 sister who can eat whatever they want and they still look amazing. I totally understand that frustration. Me and my other sister have been the "bigger" ones ever since I can remember.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I have spent my entire life thus far being the "fat" sister, daughter, friend....etc. The important thing is that we are changing that label and losing weight and getting healthy. don't be frustrated. if I thought about all the people in the world who are "naturally thin", I would go insane. Just keep up all of your hard work and you will be right there with emt!!!! :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    My husband is thin and fit, he has always taken care of himself eats properly, excercises regularly. If he puts on a couple of pounds he drops the deserts for a couple of weeks and they go away. Very annoying. However he was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

My son has always been skinny he is 18 now and only eats to live so never puts on weight, he is very active as well.

I on the other am an ex smoker allways been overweight, yo you dieter, binge eater and never really excercised much but my blood pressure and cholesterol are all good. But I think I am getting into this healthy eating thing and I am quite enjoying the excercise when I do it so hope the weight will go and stay away this time.

Life is strange and rather annoying at times.:grumble:
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    I dont know when we will get it, but SKINNY does not equal HEALTHY.

I was sz 2, but smoked like a chimney, ate burritoes, coca cola and diet fuel all day long. Now IM a size 8 (from a 16) and a non smoker and off diet pills (dumb as hell anyway) and eat better.