My first 1 mile race

Options
I know it doesn't sound like much but I do a lot more on the treadmill and the elliptical everyday but actually running outside in the cold and rain was harder then I expected. I have now decided that I am going to focus on training and run the half marathon in Oct. It is a really big goal but I hope to achieve it.

Replies

• stimpy6298
    Options
    I know it doesn't sound like much but I do a lot more on the treadmill and the elliptical everyday but actually running outside in the cold and rain was harder then I expected. I have now decided that I am going to focus on training and run the half marathon in Oct. It is a really big goal but I hope to achieve it.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Go Stimpy! from 1mi to a half marathon, that is a great goal. I hope you have many happy training days!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    That sounds great. Go luck training and have fun! :smile:
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    I think that the 1 mile is awesome! I think that getting to the 1 mile is the hardest ... after that it is just building endurance. There are several training guides on line that will help you train for the 1/2 - you are giving yourself plenty of time to train. it will be hard work, but great job on putting that goal out there ... you will feel on top of the world when you meet it!
  • paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    Congrats, that is excellent news and I wish you luck with your new goal now!! :flowerforyou:
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!

There are really great 1/2 training sites online that show you the best way to improve your endurance quickly.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing! :flowerforyou: