Hi

Options
I'm Kay. I've done the Weight Watchers and already lost 35 lbs. there, then I did Nutri System and lost some,quit because
the food was expensive and horrible. Now, I'm on a tight budget and need to finish losing the 50 lbs. This site
is great. It's easy to work with, convenient as it can be and the database is impressive. I can find all the foods I eat and Subway too.

I really feel I can do this over the next 12 months.

Replies

• kayovercomer
    Options
    I'm Kay. I've done the Weight Watchers and already lost 35 lbs. there, then I did Nutri System and lost some,quit because
    the food was expensive and horrible. Now, I'm on a tight budget and need to finish losing the 50 lbs. This site
    is great. It's easy to work with, convenient as it can be and the database is impressive. I can find all the foods I eat and Subway too.

• debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You sure can lose the weight here. Just use the food and exercise diaries and you can't go wrong. The support here is great too.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Hi Kay, and welcome to THE best site on the web! You CAN do this! Take it from someone who's done just about EVERY method out there, including hypnosis, TWICE! :laugh:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    Thanks so much both of you. I like the idea of logging
    the foods "before" eating them. I have been printing out
    logs for the past week and boy have I been overeating.
    I ate as I had been, being honest even though the numbers
    were in the minus because I wanted to print it all off
    and see why I hadn't been successful. It seems to be I've
    just not actually been sticking to the number of calories in
    and calories out. Who knew it could be that simple.

Thanks again. The database here is wonderful.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    welcome.............. Free is so much better...............by the way thanks Mike
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I thought the Nutrisystem food was sorta ikky also. I liked the pizza, but you can't quite live on that. Or I would pour a packet of cereal in a bowl and look in the bowl, look in the package, look back in the bowl and wonder where the rest was?!

Great tip about logging before eating. What a super idea. The tip I would add is not to forget all the sauces, dips, butter, condiments and stuff like that. You wouldn't believe how much that can add to the count!

Well, glad you're here - hope you make those goals. You can can CAN!
  • lawson
    lawson Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome! I hope everything works out well for you! Im kind of in the same boat! This site is great... just watch because some of the information is not correct in the food database! I have learned to check everything!! Good luck!
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    Thanks to all of you. What nice folks.
    Yes, the database "is" wrong in many cases
    and I have the time to correct what I can.
    One day I noticed cheese showed no calcium
    content and I thought wait a minute. So, it's interesting that I'm not the only one who noticed that. It does take time to enter all that information. www.dietfacts.com is a great place to double check but the best place I've found is, of course, on the label itself if possible.