Permanent Eyeliner

2»

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I loved the idea of makeup, but was totally clueless on how to do it right. I found makeupgeek.com and never looked back!

Plus, the girl who does the main tutorials just lost 90 lbs with diet and exercise! Talk about a role model!

YES!! Love Marlena!!! She's part of my inspiration to get healthy! I don't hang out on MUG too much these days, but I do love that site.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    In premise it sounds nice, but the skin around your eyes changes as you get older... the tattoo doesn't. It can look great for a little while but it the long run it ends up looking unnatural. I vote no.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    btw, a good technician will fold your lids around in such a way that your eyeball is not exposed so hitting the the eyeball is not possible. just fyi

That visual just about made me puke.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    My husbands aunt has it done and she loves it. It looks like she applied it that day, everyday. She just looks funny when she gets out of the shower with a clean face and eyeliner lol

LOL, why are you watching your husband's aunt when she gets out of the shower in the first place?! :wink:

Good question.....I have no answer. LOL
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    btw, a good technician will fold your lids around in such a way that your eyeball is not exposed so hitting the the eyeball is not possible. just fyi

I do not care for having my lids folded. Gross!
    \

I do. It's very relaxing when used in a form of droogs meditation.
  • I know a woman who has this done and it looks awesome and very pretty. I have thought about it but i have super pale, red eyelashes so it would look weird to have on eyeliner and no mascara.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    At work our GYN had it done and on her lips too but she said she went to a board certified cosmotologist office and she loved it. Check credentials is all I can say which can be done on internet. Good luck.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    The way I do my makeup has changed soooooo much over the years, I'd hate to be stuck with one look forever.

The liners that are like felt tip markers are the most awesome creation ever, though. :smile:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    i wouldn't.. just because sometimes i don't feel like wearing liner. do you wear it everyday?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    As we age our skin changes, it might start looking weird.
  • I was just at a tattoo shop Wed night and thinking about getting this!!! I LOVE IT! My aunt had it done about 7 yrs ago. Looks nice.
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    I will probably do this because I know somebody in Boston that does this and has this and she looks awesome! Just make sure you have an experienced reputable person do it!
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    LOL I guess I'm more risky than all of you--the thought was natural enough, and I would do it considering the research I've done now when I have the money. Looking "natural" isn't really an option for me since I look like a boy without any makeup (blond brows and lashes). The amount of tattoos that I have, I'm not worried about tattooing my face, especially eyeliner that fades pretty quickly.
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Yes I wear eyeliner every day. And I'm not very good at makeup. Not even a little, and it's been what over ten years now since I started wearing makeup? Ugh.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    I woudn't ever do that. . as has been said if they screw it up . . you can't change it. . where as putting it on wrong gee at least you get another chance. .

Besides how people like to wear their eyeliner and how much is up to personal preference, but something permanent that someone else put there. . NOT! Just my thoughts. .

I would go with what someone else said which is to utube ways to do it better.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    The lady who did my ankle tattoo (profile pic) specializes in permanent makeup. I've seen photos of her work and she is really, really good. If you're going to do this, do your homework. If you know someone who has had it done, visit her artist. Otherwise, you'll need to start calling around. A good tattoo artist knows that getting ink isn't a snap decision. He or she should be more than happy to show you photos of previous customers as well discuss the pros, cons and risks with you.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I know that permanent lip liner has to be redone I think every 6 months or so...

Does the same apply to permanent eyeliner?

If so...I think a lot of the cons would not be too applicable :)
  • A friend of mine did this a few years back. She got it done very dark all around. She loved it at first, however got sick of it pretty quickly.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Haha, I forgot I already posted here. I need to go to bed.