Weight loss

Options
Hi I’m 5’9 and 11 stone 12 ish- I am receiving the % of macrons from a PT but I don’t seem to be losing- I’m working my calories most days- any advice please

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of questions for you. if you're willing to answer then I'm sure we can help you better.

For how long are you at it and have you lost nothing at all? You're rather tall and not that heavy, thus weightloss will not be fast. You seem to be here for about 5-6 weeks? So what happened in those, and how often do you step on the scale?

How many calories are you consuming? What's your activity level outside of exercise and how much are you exercising? Are you eating those calories back?

How do you measure your food intake, with a food scale or guessing? Do you make sure you're using proper database entries?

• SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Percentage of macros isn't very helpful for losing weight. 30% (arbitrary number) of calories from protein is still 30%, whether that's 30% of 1,000 calories or 30% of 5,000 calories. But the effect on your weight will be very different!
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    You've started 4 different threads asking essentially the same thing, but you haven't responded to any of the questions asked. The easiest way to figure the calories you need to lose weight, is to set up MFP to lose .5 lb since you really don't have much to lose. This will give you the calories you need to eat to to lose .5 lb a week.