I hit a plateau
For 3 days already
What can I do ?
Help !!!

Replies

• westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    You will not lose weight every single day, or every week maybe. It goes up/down....you need to focus on the overall long-term trend.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    3 days really is not a lot for a plateau and you should expect that sometimes your weight will go up, not down. But … that said, you can check that your scales aren’t trying to give false consistency. Weigh yourself then grab something heavy, weigh again holding the heavy weight then get off and put it down and weigh just yourself again. Some scales will revert to a recent reading which is super annoying.
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 195 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,840 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    You’ve been a member for a month. Merciful heavens, cut yourself some slack!

Don’t have unrealistic expectations of losing weight every. single. day.

All kinds of stuff affects your weight. Periods, airline or long vehicle trips, salt, carbs, even exercise can cause temporary weight gain as your canny body retains weight to heal soreness.

In a few months, you will laugh at the thought of a “three day plateau”. You’re going to experience gain, loss, lengthy plateaus as your body gets the jist of the changes you’re making.

It’s ok! As long as the overall trend is down, that’s all that matters.

This thread helped me a bunch when I felt I had stalled. I have ready every single one of the posts here- often saving them, so I’d have something to read during the frustrating times.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1275030/whats-your-most-recent-nsv

*NSV means non scale victories. The scale isn’t the only thing that matters!