Hi! I’m Sarah!

Options
saarahmurphy
saarahmurphy Posts: 21 Member
edited April 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I’m Sarah - first things first, feel free to add me. I am happy to have others to cheer on as a part of my own journey.

I am 30, and have always had an interesting relationship with food lol. As a teen I struggled with Bulimia. In recovery I gained weight and spent quite a few years obese. I started really losing weight in 2018 in a healthy way, took a bit of a break in 2020 but did not do horribly at gaining weight back. At the end of January I got back on track and re-committed to myself after a health scare.

Probably not too unique of a story. However my biggest challenge is that I am autistic, I have major food sensory issues. I’m on the hunt for balancing my comfort in this regard as well as eating nutritious foods. Suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• TheWalkingDead77
    TheWalkingDead77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I have recently came back to MFP after 8 years. Im trying to balance nutrients and weight lost. Anyways thought I'd say hi.
  • sunshineekg
    sunshineekg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello to a fellow neurodivergent my fitness pal member. I have adhd. I also struggled with eating disorder in high-school. Mostly anorexia with binging periods. I'm trying to loose weight slowly without falling into old habits. I hope you don't mind if I throw you a friend request.