AM I THE ONLY ONE HAVING TROUBLE REACHING MY RECOMMENDED CAL

Options
AM I THE ONLY ONE HAVING TROUBLE REACHING MY RECOMMENDED CALORIE LEVELS??
I don't understand what is going on! I have been under my calorie intake twice in a row already and I am not sure what to do.. I do not want to exceed them at all, and I also don't want to eat if I am not hungry. I have noticed that THERE IS SUGAR IN EVERYTHING, and by the time I reach lunch time, my sugar limits are almost over the limit. So I think my main problem is that I am looking at my sugar limits and panicking b.c they have exceeded, when I have another 600 calories left for the day.. I NEED HELP! I have no idea what to do/? I need foods that have enough calories but little to NO sugar!! HELP GUYS!!! :-(

Replies

• elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Maybe open your diary so we can have a look?
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    I don't think you need to worry about the sugar content when you are counting calories. Obviously you don't want to eat foods that have high fat grams but don't stress too much about it. I think its kind of a common sense thing...stay away from brownies , cake etc :0 however treat yourself to those 100 calorie pack snacks. Those are great! Good luck!
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Be honest in your reporting... make SURE you get it all in.

If you do, and you are still under your calories... EAT!
  • misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Open your diary up so we can take a look and give you some pointers.
    Not all sugar is bad, like the ones you get from your fruits, its the processed stuff you gotta watch out for.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    AM I THE ONLY ONE HAVING TROUBLE REACHING MY RECOMMENDED CALORIE LEVELS??
    I don't understand what is going on! I have been under my calorie intake twice in a row already and I am not sure what to do.. I do not want to exceed them at all, and I also don't want to eat if I am not hungry. I have noticed that THERE IS SUGAR IN EVERYTHING, and by the time I reach lunch time, my sugar limits are almost over the limit. So I think my main problem is that I am looking at my sugar limits and panicking b.c they have exceeded, when I have another 600 calories left for the day.. I NEED HELP! I have no idea what to do/? I need foods that have enough calories but little to NO sugar!! HELP GUYS!!! :-(

Stop tracking sugar. It's okay not to make your calorie goal if you aren't hungry.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Some low sugar foods include

eggs
    meat
    nuts
    a few kinds of rices
    beans
    vegetables

there are some fruits that are very low in sugar, blueberries for one

there are some foods that are high in sugar
    yogurts
    milks
    breads
    packaged products

I usually eat around 100g of sugar a day. This has not hindered my weight loss. I eat candy bars. Yum! As a starter, just try to eat your calorie goal (eating too far under is not good for long term health)
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    OKAY GUYS I OPENED UP MY DIARY SO YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND TAKE A LOOK!! THANKS!!!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    No. You are not the only person who has trouble reaching your calorie goals without going over in other areas.

Is there any particular reason you are watching your sugar grams? I need to watch mine and yes, there are "hidden sugars" in many different foods. Don't be fooled. Sugars in fruits and vegetables also count. I like Sarah 44254's advice.

Meats have a high density of calories with no sugars. Certain nuts also fall into this category. Eggs and beans can be excellent as well.

You should open your diary and ask for help from other members. You are doing the right thing. This is not easy. The more you plan and study, the better you will do. Keep going. You are doing very, very well.
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    I am a vegetarian as of 4 months ago, well Pescetarian on occasion. I know a lot of my calories would have come from consuming meats, but now since this is the first time I am tracking everything since being a vegetarian, I noticed how low my calories are. Yes, I do like Sarah's adivce. I might have to follow that list of low-sugary foods.

THANKS GUYS!
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar everyday i think lol :) i'm still losing weight and actually just had a biometric screening done and my blood sugar level is perfect!** good luck**
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian as of 4 months ago, well Pescetarian on occasion. I know a lot of my calories would have come from consuming meats, but now since this is the first time I am tracking everything since being a vegetarian, I noticed how low my calories are. Yes, I do like Sarah's adivce. I might have to follow that list of low-sugary foods.

THANKS GUYS!

Me too! It can be hard to get the right amount of protein :)

The diary entry I looked at had no lunch?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Yesterday what you logged in wasn't that bad. You can see the major 'bad guys' of your sugar that day were

sauces (duck & shrimp sauce) the sugar in them helps build their consistency and add flavor. Hard to find an oriental sauce that is low in sugar

soda - if there was a evil bad guy of weight loss and fitness... it might be soda :laugh: so tasty but we all know how terrible it is for us

packaged foods - the 100 pack cookies are bound to have sugar in there. but hey, all cookies have sugar !

another packaged food - the odwalla bar. I love those things, they are tasty and rather healthy for a sweet treat snack

overall you did very well
    I want to mention that your fiber goal makes me happy :) it is a great number to try and reach (upper 20s grams each day)

Keep an eye on what you are doing, and keep learning :) you start to know what foods are best for what they do, like what is tastiest protein... what to mix with it for a great meal... how many apples to eat before the sugar grams go crazy...

it takes time :) you are doing great so far!
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    Yesterday what you logged in wasn't that bad. You can see the major 'bad guys' of your sugar that day were

sauces (duck & shrimp sauce) the sugar in them helps build their consistency and add flavor. Hard to find an oriental sauce that is low in sugar

soda - if there was a evil bad guy of weight loss and fitness... it might be soda :laugh: so tasty but we all know how terrible it is for us

packaged foods - the 100 pack cookies are bound to have sugar in there. but hey, all cookies have sugar !

another packaged food - the odwalla bar. I love those things, they are tasty and rather healthy for a sweet treat snack

overall you did very well
    I want to mention that your fiber goal makes me happy :) it is a great number to try and reach (upper 20s grams each day)

Keep an eye on what you are doing, and keep learning :) you start to know what foods are best for what they do, like what is tastiest protein... what to mix with it for a great meal... how many apples to eat before the sugar grams go crazy...

it takes time :) you are doing great so far!

THANK YOU SOO MUCH SARAH!! GR8 HELP! REALLY!!! CAN I SEND U A FR?!