Omgggg I had no idea…

Options
Greek yogurt is absolutely delicious!!!

I’ve been switching to healthy foods lately and have been dabbling with greek yogurt and oooooh baby my mouth is happy! That stuff is amazing!!!

Smooth, velvety, tasty…checks all the boxes for making me smile with a happy tummy…

Happy Monday everyone!

Replies

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is the BEST!
  • Sweatinginmy40s
    Sweatinginmy40s Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MsCzar wrote: »
    Greek yogurt is the BEST!

Yessss I loaded up at Costco ❤️
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Yep, my nightly treat
  • Sweatinginmy40s
    Sweatinginmy40s Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yep, my nightly treat

Same here!
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I use it to thicken my smoothies instead of banana (which I think are disgusting) 😋
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,825 Member
    Options
    I’m planning to make an ice cream from Greek yogurt, honey, and maybe some shredded ginger.

I’ve eaten fat free for so long that when I bought some full fat to make some homemade labneh (I’m on a middle eastern cooking kick) it was a revelation.

I’m fixing to bike down to Lidl to buy a tub.

There’s a reason some place or other was called the “land of milk and honey”. Honey on Greek yogurt is 😱 .
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,825 Member
    Options
    Btw, try cottage cheese, frozen (Wyman’s wild is best!!!) blueberries, a few grams of GrapeNuts, and a great strawberry or blueberry sweet balsamic.

I eat a bowl every afternoon.
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Chobani fat free plain yogurt is a miracle. It’s so creamy and rich for so few calories and so much protein! I love it with berries, honey, and a sprinkle of granola.

I’ve also been making a dressing/drizzle out of it: a spoonful of yogurt plus herbs/seasonings, maybe a little hot sauce, and a tiny bit of water to give it the right consistency.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    I buy plain nonfat Greek yogurt in giant tubs at Costco, even just cooking for one. Most of it goes into my morning oatmeal.

But some other uses are:

* Mixed with chocolate peanut butter powder then frozen berries to make a dessert
    * Substitute for sour cream on tacos, enchiladas, etc.
    * Base for salad dressing or dip (with finely chopped onions, garlic, herbs, whatever)
    * Substitute for mayo in deviled eggs, pasta salad (I use red lentil pasta for more protein)
    * Mix some into lightened macaroni and cheese before baking (red lentil pasta here, too; plus mashed Winter squash or cauliflower, a decent reduced-fat cheese, maybe some full fat cheese too if I have the calories, seasonings of choice)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    I mostly buy plain Greek yogurt in a 32 oz. container and use it in savory or "savory-adjacent" dishes (e.g., I'll put it in my plain, no-sugar-added oatmeal, but I often add some fresh or dried fruit, maybe some nuts -- or I might have plain oatmeal with yogurt as my starchy "side" at dinner).

I often add it to mashed or baked potatoes, mac-n-cheese, and burritos in lieu of sour cream or butter or even milk. If I put salsa on my scrambled eggs, I might top it all with a dollop of yogurt.

I'll stir spices and herbs in for a dip or salad dressing.

For a high-protein "salty" snack, I'll stir in powdered cheese (similar to what people put on popcorn, but I get it in larger containers with a better per-ounce price -- Hoosier Farms is one brand, and King Arthur is another).

I also use it in baking or making pancakes, as a sub for milk or buttermilk -- I do keep milk on hand most of the time, but sometimes not, and sometimes I might have nondairy milk, which I'm not as confident using in baking, but I pretty much always have plain yogurt on hand. It doesn't affect the taste of the baked goods (i.e., it doesn't make them sour).

For sweet uses, I mainly stick to smoothies and mixing it with fresh fruit, maybe adding some honey or molasses or brown sugar (for a lower-fat version of Barbados cream).