Carnivore Craz

Options
Decided to give this a test drive and see what all the craze is. I don't like fruits and veg to begin with and just need to cut out my ice cream and Whoopers!!!

Replies

• Iron_Lion51
    Iron_Lion51 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Day 2 and doing great, starting weight was 211, this morning was 209. Must likely water but 2 pds is 2 pds
  • Iron_Lion51
    Options
    Day 3 doing great, dealing in exactly how I like to do this
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,921 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Are you doing it because of existing health issues, which is the primary driver for people doing it, or just for weight loss, curious. cheers.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Curious - what does a-day-in-the-life now look for you now (diet)? How does it differ from what you use to consume?
  • Iron_Lion51
    Options
    Day 5 Starts with a butter coffee, then at noonish 2 steaks, lift at 5 and maybe some eggs before bed at 9.started at 211 and this morning I was 207. Need to hit 181 on Sept 16th for a Powerlifting meet.
  • neanderthin
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Honestly this sounds quite unhealthy in the long run for heart, cholesyterol, digestion, mineral and vitamins and over all health. Getting results from a method does not equate to the method being wise. I amnot trying to undermine your enthusiasm but I have seen this so many times. I would at LEAST add spinach, broccoli, or other nutrient dense vegetable

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but the bulk of people using this diet are seeing tremendous health improvements and are drawn to this diet because of that. Doing it just for weight loss, is well, probably not a plan just based on adherence. Also, you could say the same regarding the vegan diet where overall health is in question, and maybe adding some animal product could make the diet more healthy. Cheers.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    Honestly this sounds quite unhealthy in the long run for heart, cholesyterol, digestion, mineral and vitamins and over all health. Getting results from a method does not equate to the method being wise. I amnot trying to undermine your enthusiasm but I have seen this so many times. I would at LEAST add spinach, broccoli, or other nutrient dense vegetable

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but the bulk of people using this diet are seeing tremendous health improvements and are drawn to this diet because of that. Doing it just for weight loss, is well, probably not a plan just based on adherence. Also, you could say the same regarding the vegan diet where overall health is in question, and maybe adding some animal product could make the diet more healthy. Cheers.

A vegan diet CAN be complete when the person knows how to get adequate and proper nutrition. B12 and other essentials, which often are also falling short in omnivore diets, should be either supplementary or in nutritional yeast. Really, the best plan is what works for each person.
    There are a lot of vital vegans and carnivores that are getting results,however a long term affect of any plan is the question.
    Smiles
  • neanderthin
    Options

A vegan diet CAN be complete when the person knows how to get adequate and proper nutrition. B12 and other essentials, which often are also falling short in omnivore diets, should be either supplementary or in nutritional yeast. Really, the best plan is what works for each person.
    There are a lot of vital vegans and carnivores that are getting results,however a long term affect of any plan is the question.
    Smiles

I can at least understand to a point a vegan stance on animal welfare, but health, not in the least. Vegans do need to
    completely understand nutrition for the duration they are vegan in order to stay healthy, and that is a big ask or they will eventually find the consequences very unpleasant and possibly life threatening.
  • Iron_Lion51
    Options
    is it funny that this diet doesn't need supplements,
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options

Smiles

Long term>Short term

• VegjoyP
    Options

Long term>Short term

I know plenty of vegans who are much olde and healthy, been vegan most of their life. Excess protein has been linked to cancers, heart disease, diabetes and other consequences.
  • neanderthin
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I suggest you do your own research rather than quote totally wrong and misleading information vegjoyP. This does sound like something directly from a vegan source that purposely gives out disinformation. It's not a good look for vegans. Why do you feel you need to convert people that consume meat, anyway that was rhetorical, cheers.

• neanderthin
    Options

Disclosing: I'm not carnivore, but I am low/er carb.

Depends. If someone eats head to tail as they say, then all the essential vitamins and minerals are there. Depending on what someone on a carnivore diet is eating could some vitamins and minerals be optimized and of course the answer would be yes, you could supplement to optimize, again depending on what your consuming. Bone broth imo is essential for collagen, amino's like glutamine and arginine and numerous other health benefits. I consume beef and chicken broth and suggest you do for it's many benefits. Fish and other aquatic is important for omegas especially DHA and oysters for things like B12, vitamin D, copper, zinc, and manganese. Anyway the list of essential vitamins and minerals in animal products are some of the best sources available and the best for bioavailability, which is mostly under appreciated and misunderstood.

Beef liver is the powerhouse in this regard and offal generally speaking but most people especially North America have never warmed up to the idea as much as Europe has and especially Asia. I mean lamb and goat in NA almost doesn't even show up on the radar at all let alone weird things like spleens, heart, kidney and brain, oh my, not going to happen here lol. On a personal note, I do consume offal weekly.

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options

Long term>Short term

I know plenty of vegans who are much olde and healthy, been vegan most of their life. Excess protein has been linked to cancers, heart disease, diabetes and other consequences.
    Well I'm 70, haven't had as much as a cold since 1984, muscular, lots of energy and love meat. and rarely see vegan men that look healthy. Your claims are unfounded and have been proven false time and time again...
  • VegjoyP
    Options

Long term>Short term

Well I'm 70, haven't had as much as a cold since 1984, muscular, lots of energy and love meat. and rarely see vegan men that look healthy. Your claims are unfounded and have been proven false time and time again...

Excuse me but zI have done a plethora of research and have several doctors who support my WFPB life. Yes, sorry but there are healthy thriving vegans. Idk why I am even entertained this because it'd so typical a carnivore and vegan will not see eye to eye. My suggestion is you do your thing and I will do mine. We can go back and forth for months with no resolve.
  • jaycooks2
    jaycooks2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is basically a relabeled Keto diet good luck on your heart health with this.
  • neanderthin
    Options
    jaycooks2 wrote: »
    This is basically a relabeled Keto diet good luck on your heart health with this.

It's called ketovore, please try and keep the nomenclature correct for posterity sake. This was a common diet during the Paleolithic where archeologists uncovered a walmart and some of the food was still well preserved, facinating really. Cheers
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Starts with a butter coffee, then at noonish 2 steaks, lift at 5 and maybe some eggs before bed at 9.started at 211 and this morning I was 207. Need to hit 181 on Sept 16th for a Powerlifting meet.

That's completely lacking in offal, which means you are missing out on valuable nutrients - not a good plan long term.

Disclosing: I'm not carnivore, but I am low/er carb.

Depends. If someone eats head to tail as they say, then all the essential vitamins and minerals are there. Depending on what someone on a carnivore diet is eating could some vitamins and minerals be optimized and of course the answer would be yes, you could supplement to optimize, again depending on what your consuming. Bone broth imo is essential for collagen, amino's like glutamine and arginine and numerous other health benefits. I consume beef and chicken broth and suggest you do for it's many benefits. Fish and other aquatic is important for omegas especially DHA and oysters for things like B12, vitamin D, copper, zinc, and manganese. Anyway the list of essential vitamins and minerals in animal products are some of the best sources available and the best for bioavailability, which is mostly under appreciated and misunderstood.

Beef liver is the powerhouse in this regard and offal generally speaking but most people especially North America have never warmed up to the idea as much as Europe has and especially Asia. I mean lamb and goat in NA almost doesn't even show up on the radar at all let alone weird things like spleens, heart, kidney and brain, oh my, not going to happen here lol. On a personal note, I do consume offal weekly.