18lbs down!!!

Options
I weighed in today and was amazed at the number on the scale, it read 214.6..... I looked so excited this morning because I have reached the teens. I started my journey at 232lbs and I was so depressed at the size I was. I had reached a place where I was blind to how big I was. Until my mom took a picture of me and I saw my actual size. I spent a lot of time crying but that picture was the one that moved enough to change. I still have a lot to go, 94 lbs to go to reach my ultimate goal. But I'm not concentrating on the ultimate just the small steps. My first goal is to reach 195 lbs. Once I reach that goal, I will set the next small goal. I'm not thinking of over loading my brain with my ultimate goal. I used to do that, look at how close I am to the ultimate goal and seeing how long it is taking me to reach it...ultimately failing due to frustration. But this time my goals are small and there is no time frame to reach it. So I won't concentrate on the time frame and do anything to reach it....I do have a time frame...just a goal.

I'm new here, I've only been here since Tuesday and the calorie tracker has already made me feel more in control of my impulse to eat mindlessly because I have to log it in and I can see what I eat and how many calories I have left. Most time I will pause and ask myself "is it worth it??" and I put it down and walk away. So I definitely plan to stay around to reach every small goal to succeed in my ultimate goal. ^_^

Replies

• Rachy80
    Options
    Well Done, you should be proud of you self :)
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome! I am all about the small steps. I started at 326 so trying to focus on the end goal would have been way too overwhelming, I was so happy to see my first 15 gone, even happier now that I am under the 310's. My next small goal is to get under 300. Just a little at a time (and like you, no time frame to try to stay in) but it keeps me feeling good about my progress instead of frustrated about having so far to go. I kind of consider 200 my big goal but once I am there I am sure I will want to keep going. I too love the tracker, sometimes I will use it throughout the day, or if I know what dinner plans are I will go ahead and plan out my whole day in the morning so there is no last minute debate over how much I can eat during a particular meal. Most of all I love being able to pick and choose where my calories go instead of having a ridged meal plan to follow like a lot of diets have. Again, welcome and good luck on the next 18 :)
  • Debi_Dreamer
    Options
    thanks!! :heart: