Night Time Eating

Options
Hello,

I feel I am cursed with night time eating habits. If I do not eat close to the time I go to bed....I can not sleep from hunger or I will wake up from sleep and eat.

I feel like my weightloss is challenged by this because it adds 100s of calories.

Any suggestions??

Please help...thanks ;-)

Replies

• catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I drink sleepy time tea and it helps.
  • holmesd450
    holmesd450 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    eat more during the day so you aren't hungry at night? You could try a casein shake before bed, casein is hydrophobic so it more or less balls up in your stomach making you feel full. I really like ON's cookies and cream shake.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    leave room for some calories at night if you are certain you will want to wake up and eat.

doesn't matter what time you eat :)
  • lupemele
    Options
    I know this is an issue for me too! I try to save some calories for night time snacks so try and leave at least 200 for this...I have 1/2 cup of OJ and 100 calorie snack packs in cookies or skinny cow ice cream. I do this only 2X a week....the OJ satisfies ur sugar craving and it's loaded with tons of vitamins and potassium if your wkg out a lot. Hope that helps.
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    WHen I **think** I want a snack but I **know** I dont NEED it, I floss, brush my teeth, mouth wash - the whole deal. It goes away!
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I found I was saving far too many calories in case I was hungry at night. After a month of logging my food, I've found that I need to eat more calories in the day. Or else I have too many left over.

I only realised this after logging for a month and realising that I wan't that hungry at night any more. I'm now trying to spread my calories out through the day. I'm not a snacker, I just like to eat my 3 good meals a day, and then I find I'm not hungry at night.

Hope this helps, I think that as you log your food, you'll see a pattern and then adjust your habits accordingly.

E xx
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I don't have breakfast, have a small lunch, then hold back my dinner as long as i can. I don't snack if i know i have dinner coming. Then, a snack before bed, and its all good. Remember there's nothing wrong with late night eating, as long as you have the calories to spend on it!
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't have breakfast, have a small lunch, then hold back my dinner as long as i can. I don't snack if i know i have dinner coming. Then, a snack before bed, and its all good. Remember there's nothing wrong with late night eating, as long as you have the calories to spend on it!

^^ This too