Why am I not losing?

Options
2»

Replies

• rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Finally lost some! Woohoo! Guess it just took some time for my body to adjust to the changes (3 weeks!)
    Thanks all.

Yay! Great job! Doesn't it feel wonderful?
  • catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had that problem and I switched to no sugar and no flour and it made all the difference. I actually eat about 2000 calories a day, and I lost 70 pounds in about 8 months.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Stay positive and stick with it! My body works like that too. I will work out for weeks and not see a change in weight or inches and then one day I will go to check and I see drastic changes! Most people lose gradually and see a few pounds come off and inches weekly. I get jealous when I see people posting "2 pounds down, 3 pounds down" week by week knowing I don't see any changes but that's simply just not how I work for some reason.

My body likes to wait and then boom pounds come off and then wait and then inches boom come off. I don't understand it and it can be completely frustrating because you want to SEE the fruits of your labor.

My thought is...if I work out for the rest of my life and eat cleanly, then years from now my body has to look right. Instead of viewing things so temporary I try and imagine myself years from now (with the thought that I have kept up my fitness/health habits), and it gives me that motivation I need.

Keep it up..your body will catch up!
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Unless you are eating a calorie surplus, you are NOT building muscle like some people are saying. It's impossible. You might be keeping more muscle than you'd normally use because you are using it, but you will not build new muscle. It's ridiculous how much this lie is passed around!!!