Weight "Check In"

Options
How often should you record your weight online to get an accurate record of weight you've lost? I weigh myself about every other day and it seems like I am all over the place. One day I was 140 the next I was 136 and the following I was 138. My ticker says I've lost 4lbs but I don't think that's accurate.

Replies

• smchic2012
    smchic2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday to help keep myself on track. I know it goes up and down but I only count the weight from one week to the next.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I have a notebook that I record my daily weight in. I record any changes (gain or loss) each week here.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I only officially 'weigh in' once a week, same day always, same time.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I record my weight here once a week. I also weigh myself only once a week first thing in the morning when I get up for work. Well, first thing after a stopping by the bathroom. :-)

I only check it once a week because the water and sodium contents of the foods you eat make your weight fluctuate daily.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    I only officially 'weigh in' once a week, same day always, same time.

that's what i do
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I only ever log my lowests here, as I also fluctuate wildly.

But I keep a daily log at skinnyr.com. It helps me see patterns without constantly "losing" the same weight after an upward fluctuation.
  • robynroo
    Options
    once i've woken up, and had a pee. routined to do it every day now.
    i did record if i go up and down.
    but i've started to only to do it when there is a change. and is worth too record.
    (average to every other day)
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Wii Fit to check in everyday. I use that because my kids seem to think scales are a playground ride. They last about 2 weeks in my house. I really just started, but I plan to record my weight officially here on a weekly basis.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I think you will find that once a week will be enough to get an accurate measurement, you should weigh yourself the same time too. than you will have the consistent result you are looking for. Welcome aboard and good luck!

Ken
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Just once a week, same time of day. I don't care about the actual number so much as how my clothes fit.
  • Dijon360
    Options
    I record only my lowest, but to deal with daily fluctuations I don't register my current weight until I am 1lb below. E.g I don't believe I am 220lbs until I see 219lbs on the scale. Stupid? Yes, but that way I don't get upset if I click up a 0.5-1lb which happens a lot.

Whatever works for you. The key thing is to be honest with yourself and monitor progress.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but I only "count" my weight once a week in the morning at relatively the same time. You are going to fluctuate from day to day and from morning to evening but if you are within the same 2-4 lbs you should be doing ok when your actually "weigh In" happens.