Hi. It’s me. I’m the problem 😀

Options
Hi. It’s my first day. I’ve struggled with weight forever and I know how it works, I just lack motivation and kinship. I turn 53 in 10 days, single, work from home and have 2 dogs.

I’m not nearly as lame as I sound. Lol just starting out here.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,484 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hi @GrannaBeck and welcome to MFP!

I started at 56, successfully lost 97 pounds using the app to log and count calories, and have been in maintenance for several years. It’s perfectly doable, and not as hard as society in general would have you believe. It’s not your age, your menopausal status, etc. weight gain comes by simply slowing down activity and maintaining or probably increasing calories at the same time- the perfect storm of weight gain.

I found it relatively easy to drop the weight. Do it slowly and methodically, and allow yourself time for new habits- and new tastes- to sink in. You’ll need these new habits when maintenance time arrives.

You’ll find helpful “stickies” at the top of each sub-board, which are the best of the best threads that give advice, hints, techniques etc.

Invest some quality time in reading and learning from those who’ve gone before you. it REALLY pays off.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Happy early birthday & now the most important question - what kind of doggos?!? :)
  • helendoyle1970
    helendoyle1970 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - Im 53, also work from home (too close to the fridge) and have 2 dogs. . . . (oh and hubby and daughter). I feel like Ive been at day 1 so many times. . . . cant seem to get my head around losing the weight. I would love to buddy up with you and we can motivate each other.