Ground Turkey Recipes

Options
strivingfor130
strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
Hey :) Ground turkey is a staple in my house. However, I am running out ideas of how to use it! I make turkey burgers, chili, brown gravy with patties, meatloaf, and shepherds pie. I would like some healthier dishes to make and even some casserole ideas. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    PASTA!!!!
  • AlyssaAmes3
    AlyssaAmes3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make all those things as well with ground turkey instead of ground beef. It really can cut down on the calories. I make my meatloaf and lasagna with it and love it! Try homemade sloppy joes with it. I'm gonna be trying that this weekend since I've always made it with ground beef. We will see how it turns out! Good Luck and share any good recipes you come across. :)
  • shtaylor
    Options
    Tacos, stroganoff, meatball, anything you would normally use ground beef for. But watch what ground turkey you buy, some have more calories then the ground beef, because they ground dark meat and sometimes the skin.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Taco Salad!

1/2 cup Ground Turkey
    Mccormick taco seasoning - 30% less sodium
    1 cup Spring mix salad
    1/8 cup of shredded cheese
    6 nacho dorito chips broken up

I think it's about 200/250 calories per serving...can't access my food diary at the moment - but it's a great way to use the ground turkey!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com :D she has a section JUST for that!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Tacos and meatballs!
  • TaraTLC83
    TaraTLC83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe.. but I make an awesome stuffed pepper with ground turkey.

Put the oven to 350

Get a frying pan and put in a tablespoon of canola or olive oil. Get the oil hot.

Put in a chopped onion, some celery, carrots, zuchini, garlic and pepper, mushrooms or whatever you've got in your fridge. Cook until crisp tender. Push the veg to the side of the pan and throw the turkey in the middle. Brown up the turkey smooshing it often to crumble it up. Add some seasonings while the turkey is still raw. I like to use italian stuff.. but you could use spicy stuff.

Ital - oregano, parsley, basil, garlic (or just use an ital spice)
    Taco - use a low salt or salt free package
    Chili - jalapeno, garlic, cumin, chili powder

Season it to your taste.

Once its cooked and seasoned, throw in a large can of salt free diced tomatoes. I like to drain out some of the liquid, but not much. You need some liquid.

Reduce the heat and cook it all up together.

Wash and cut the tops off some peppers. I like yellow and orange because they are so sweet. Toss them in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften them a bit.

Put them in a roasting pan and fill them with the turkey veggie awesomeness. Put the extra veggie turkey mix around the base of the peppers to hold them upright if you have extra filling. Bake for 20 - 30 mins or so until heated through.

Put a teaspoon of FRESH grated parmesan on each before you serve them.

SO TASTY. So healthy, and easy, and versatile. You can use whatever veggies and spices you have. You can also use the sauce for casseroles (which I don't make... ever) or paste sauce, lasagna filler. You could do a neat taco lasagna with it too.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hi there. . try this out. . simple yet fabulous. We make it here all the time. .

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/turkey-meatloaf-with-feta-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html
  • jayne51998
    Options
    This is what I have planned for tomorrow with some fresh salad and maybe a pitta bread. :happy:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/persian-turkey-kofta-kebabs.html