Just getting started

Options
I been in such a depression for so long that sometimes I just don't know where to start .. but today I have decided that I will start even if it's slow it will be a starting point .. I need some motivation since I don't have anyone to go threw this with me

Replies

• Tensilver1124
    Tensilver1124 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to listen to David Goggins compilations in youtube? Always gets me started when i don't feel like. Almost everyday lol 🤷‍♂️
  • CaliMom126
    CaliMom126 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    the winter has been long and wet. caused me to not do much outdoors because it's cold! i've lost 60 pounds over the last 2 years, and have lost my body insulation, so it's hard for me to be cold. i've gained back about 8-10 in the last few months, making poor choices. it's been frustrating, even though i knew i was blowing it. i've wanted to get outside but just didn't. this past weekend was sunny and warm-ish. went for a bikeride and it hurt! it was during that ride i decided i'd start on Monday--eat clean, drink water, get more sleep, back to the 2x daily walks and get in a ride or two a week. i'm on day 3 and i'm doing it!! sometimes i don't know if i will. but i need to, so i'm hoping to keep it up for 2 weeks. feeling positive! sometimes you just need to tell yourself you want it, you can do it, make sure you have good choices for food on hand and dump or hide the not-so-good stuff. start taking short walks in the sun. do 2 or 3 a day. that's how i started walking. 10 mins x 3 times. worked my way up to 30mins twice a day, lunchtime and after work. i relax and listen to music while i do the 'brisk walk'. sometimes i end up walking in the dark (work!!). if i can do it i really think anyone can.
  • eager2eatright
    eager2eatright Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. and don't worry about tomorrow let tomorrow worry about it's self.
  • eager2eatright
    eager2eatright Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a Navy Vet and I attended classes called the move program my wife and I learned a lot of good things we would like to be friends with you If you like. Rob & Tracy
  • shellifish7295
    shellifish7295 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I’m right there with you. I used to be really good about working out until I had my son during the pandemic and had some bad postpartum depression and anxiety that went untreated. Would love to help keep each other motivated
  • amandang1
    amandang1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just reading this message has really resonated with me, I am in the same boat..... I have not logged onto this app for years and seeing this post + below comments. We can smash this by taking each day as it comes. :)
  • sagar_acid
    sagar_acid Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey , you got this..take one day at a time . Try keep a routine, that helps and always seek help when needed. :)
  • cheritwin
    cheritwin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m right there with you. Need to lose 30 pounds or more and it seems impossible. I’m tired and sad and feel so old. I know this isn’t myself but I can’t seem to shake it and snap out of it to get started. I’ll have a good morning but then fall apart after work. Or a good few days but then the weekend destroys all my hard work. I don’t understand this self sabotage but feel very powerless. Hoping some accountability to a group like this will help me feel more focused and positive. Good luck to all.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @Laindian001
    Hi, it's been a few days. How are you doing? I'm messaging because it's like I wrote this post once upon a time, myself. (I can't do the "friend" thing as I am not much into social media, I kinda just lurk but your post spoke to me and I hope you come through the other end of this :)

"but today I have decided that I will start even if it's slow it will be a starting point" you don't mention in your post if you are trying to lose weight, but it'd help if you mention your age, height, weight and what your goals are or if you're trying to lose (or gain?)