Connect with Likeminded Individuals

Options
Let's try this again LOL! Hi, my name is Charles Leon and I live in Miami, FL. In 2020 I reached my goal which was to weigh 180 lbs at 10% body fat. Shortly after arriving I got covid and was hospitalized. Almost died from a pulmonary embolism. Had to take blood thinners for a year and couldn't work out per doctors' orders. Now I weigh 182 lbs at 26% body fat. So my journey begins again. Off my meds and I've been pounding the weights and cardio for the last 6 months. Looking for like-minded individuals that are heading towards a healthier life and longevity.

Replies

• MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hey Charles!

I’m happy to read that your health is back in order and you are back on your journey!
    I began my journey May 2017, and it took about 3 years to lose 100lbs. I’ve maintained the weight loss and now hoping to lose another 7 to 10lbs. Eating clean and working out 5x’s a week.

Wishing you all the best on reaching your goals! 💪🏼
  • cinnamon244
    cinnamon244 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have similar story to yours. I had blood clots throughout my body (leg, groin, lungs and heart), my husband carried me to the ER. My heart stopped, had multiple surgeries, and was told top 3% worst cases the doctors have ever seen. I developed PTS in my leg and had to go to a lung center. Its been two years. I was fit at 130lbs and now im 175 lbs at 29 years old. My arthritis has been more painful due to the extra weight. I been dealing with the physical and mental pain of what happened. I finally believe I can get back to the old me. You are doing great on your journey!!! Keep it up!