Fitdiva7742
Fitdiva7742 Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
How do you stop mindless snacking?

Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I analyze why I’m feeling snacky and make adjustments, maybe I need more water, more protein, more fats, maybe I need something to do with my hands, like a craft, maybe I need stress relief, then a quick walk or stretch sesh might help, maybe that time of the month is coming and I just allow for some extra snacks in moderation of course. Once I know why I’m feeling snacky I try to replace or deter.. lol maybe call or friend or exercise something to keep my mind off food or just put myself to bed early, night time was always really snacky for me. Hope you find something that helps..
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Will power….
  • KaylaMack013
    KaylaMack013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I try to get my mind off of it by taking walk. I’ve also found that if I drink some water and just wait it out I’m usually good and don’t have any more cravings that make me wanna snack, plus just try not having any snacks in the house but have fresh fruit and stuff like that.

• hoodlisa1979
    hoodlisa1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How do you stop mindless snacking?

If you like to graze throughout the day just change up your meal plan, say you have 1500 calories a day you could try 300 breakfast 300 lunch 500 dinner, that leaves 4- 100 calorie snacks and although 100 calories doesn't seem much it actually gets you quite a bit with the healthy options, there's some good charts on pinterest showing snacks for 100 cals + and how much you can have of each item, if its more habit of finishing off whats left on a plate or reaching for the crisps because you've started to feel a bit peckish then yes it does come down to willpower and trial and error with finding a way round that habit, good luck
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    One of the best ways to stop indulging in something is to replace it with something else. Condition yourself away from the bad item and focus on something else that is good for you. The first step is portion them out into baggies. So, that way you can keep on top of how much you are eating. Second step is to try making your own snacks from scratch. Slice up potatoes and make your own potato chips or tater tots. There are many great recipes online that can walk you through it. Make your own cookies too. Commercial products you buy tend to have preservatives and additives, and that's what makes people crave them so much. Homemade items won't have that.