First post

Options
Yeah! i made my first post! Breakfast. I also made this site be on my computer with easy access when I get on my computer so it's easy to start journaling my food. I guess if I aim at 300 calories per meal then it would be easy to ease in snacks and a little extra to round out the day. Any other suggestions??

Replies

• tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The only recommendation I can make is be honest when logging in food. And try to log in as you eat it. I thought I was below my calories last night, then after I went to bed I remembered that I hate 100 calorie cupcakes and forgot to log them in. This is a great site. Good Luck!
  • iamme923
    iamme923 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new also!! This is my 3rd day! I have used other sites before, but, I find this one much easier!! My favorite snacks are: fat-free cottage cheese, if I have the "room" for the calories, I will add shredded cheddar to this, or greek yogurt, or other yogurts that are fat-free, most are 80-120 calories. I will also grab 2 slices of turkey lunch meat that my husband uses for lunch! And then of course there is always fruit and veggies, fresh is always best!:happy:
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    I was going to say, try to have a balance diet. I need to add more fruit to my breakfast's. On Dr Oz's show, they were talking about making the veggies the main dish and the meat the side. So I am trying to that. Just do the best that you can, the answers will come to you. Once you put your food down in you diary, you will learn what you migh be missing if you go to REPORTS and do the nutritional graph, that does help me especially with calcium. Good to have you aboard on this journey with the rest of us, it's a good one. I am on my second wk, I have lost 7lbs the first wk.
    [/quote]

S.W. 234 lbs (Been this weight for over 25 yrs! :( (Was 250 lb, - lost 20 lbs and kept it off!)
    C.W. 227 lbs (Really nice, thank you MFP)

goal to be 215 lbs by my 55th birthday Oct. 19 (whoo-hoo)
    G.W. 145 lbs. (Not sure, just may go down to 125 - that is what I use to be before my first baby :):)
  • Periwinkle52
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!! They are good. I'm trying to watch my fruits and only have one a day. Vegies are a big part of my plan as well as lean meats - fish and chicken. I'm staying away from grains except occasionally corn (chips or tortilla). I also have measured out sunflower seeds, Chia seeds mixed with lemon juice/water/Stevia. Can anyone tell me how to access this topic quickly. I didn't even know anyone had posted until I went and visited it - is that the way it normally is?:flowerforyou:
  • Periwinkle52
    Options
    We've got the same weight tracker iamme923! But you have lost a lot more weight than me - good job!
  • Periwinkle52
    Options
    Yes - sometimes I am late in the day getting things posted - then I remember something I had earlier and I go over my calorie allotment. But I am still loosing so I guess at my weight it's not too critical yet. :smile: