Food

Options
flower3326
flower3326 Posts: 35 Member
Hi goodmoring I need help
I have no clue can you help me find foods and recipe that will help me loose weight

Replies

• Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It’s not which foods, it’s how much. Eat what you want, just eat less than you burn.

Some foods are a lot more filling. Look for foods with more protein or more fiber. Lean meats and fruits and vegetables make a good foundation for a diet.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

I ate what I ate before but less of it. I did this by weighing and calorie counting.

What I find the more fruit and veg I eat, the more I can eat. This is because fruit and veg is low in calories

Good luck
  • Creepy1313
    Creepy1313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is not necessarily a golden food that makes you lose weight, at least not one that is sustainable and healthy. Losing weight is more about eating less.

1. Determine your calorie goal. Calculate how much myfitnesspal thinks you should eat to maintain your current weight, then subtract 250 calories for every 0.5 pounds you want to lose per week. Dont start out with any major caloric changes compared to the number of calories you are currently eating per day, and for women health experts recommend the bare minimum is to eat at least 1200cals per day and for men 1500cals. Do note that it you are very physically active throughout the day then you will need more calories than 1200 or 1500 for most all weight ranges.

2. Eat 3 properly portioned meals that sustain your hunger throughout each day. By proper portions I mean only eat what aligns with your calorie goal. Eat healthy snacks too if you really are hungry, but make sure you're not just wanting the sensation of eating.

3. "Junk" food is ok IN MODERATION and dont feel bad about eating it. Dont give any kind of food you love up just learn how to make healthy decisions with it. Don't eat it as your only source of food though because even if you lose weight it is not dense in proper nutrients and will usually just make you bloated and tired.

4. WATER. WATER. WATER. If you have the urge to eat a snack even though you aren't hungry you probably just want the sensation of eating/drinking, so drink water. Even outside of weight loss you need to be drinking 8 glasses of water throughout the day for your organs. There are many factors to it but often if you have headaches, stomach issues, exhaustion, etc drinking a glass or two of water can help.

5. Empty calories do add up. That cheese and sauce you have on your burger? That ranch you smothered your salad in? The soda you're drinking with every meal? That bowl of candy youre eating from every time you see it? Limit the amount of these things and/or find healthy replacements. Calorie counting is so important because you would never belive how many empty calories you're consuming every day.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    What others said, about eating foods you like, logging them, then reviewing diary to make adjustments . . . gradually dial in appropriate calories and reasonable overall nutrition on average, using foods you enjoy, find filling, and that are practical/affordable for you. This is not a thing that requires arcane knowledge or special foods.

If you want recipe ideas, one simple-minded thought: Try the MFP blogs.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/recipes/

Pick out some that seem achievable and sound tasty to try.

You don't need to change your eating radically overnight. Humans are adaptive omnivores. You can make gradual, manageable changes, and you'll be surprised how far that takes you over a reasonably short time period.