Omg!!! Weight Loss Plateau!!!

Options
Okay, I have lost about 60 pounds and I am now at 295. I have been stuck at this weight for 3 weeks now and its driving me bonkers. I am a male and I am on 1600 calories a day and I even do my best to run a mile every day. How is it possible for me to sustain this weight at 1600 calories a day. I am a strict eater too. Any ideas for breaking my bad mojo?

Replies

• Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You know when I hit my plateaus the only thing that breaks it is flipping up my exercise and food. I have noticed my body adjusts and I have to shock it into losing again :) Good luck on breaking the plateau :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Might be time to switch things up. Raise your calories or even zig zag them. Switch up your workout routine. Your body has adapted to what you've been doing. Best way to change that is to confuse it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have lost about 60 pounds and I am now at 295. I have been stuck at this weight for 3 weeks now and its driving me bonkers. I am a male and I am on 1600 calories a day and I even do my best to run a mile every day. How is it possible for me to sustain this weight at 1600 calories a day. I am a strict eater too. Any ideas for breaking my bad mojo?
    At your weight, you should be eating more. Do you do any strength training along with the running?
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I say switch it up too! I know there were/are certain weights where I felt my body said, "Whoaaa, wait a minute, I like it here" and I had to fight to jump start the weight loss again. Changing it up for even taking a day or two off from your exercise routine can do the trick. Change up the workout too. I try to workout everyday but I have to remind myself to take a break day or two for my body to catch up.
  • Hoshneer
    Hoshneer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I have been. This week I have been burned out in the gym. I have been there religiously 7 days a week for a couple months now. I decided to start running outside to switch things up.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I have been. This week I have been burned out in the gym. I have been there religiously 7 days a week for a couple months now. I decided to start running outside to switch things up.

If you've been working out 7 days a week for the last couple months - your body is begging for a rest day. It needs it to relax, repair and recover.

Take a day or two off during the week and I recommend taking an entire week off every 4-6 weeks. Every time I did it? I lost weight. :)
  • Greenwellj
    Options
    Add a good protein shake and cleanse!!!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You need to do some weight lifting and calisthenics.